Red Flag

rasputin70

A red flag means to stop selling. It could be red flagged because they are doing cabin inventory to verify the number of cabins still available, there could be a large group booking that cruise, there could be somebody chartering the ship for that time, the ship could be undergoing an itinterary change, etc. Usually even those that you call at the cruiseline don't know the exact reason for the red flag.

A Red Flag generally means that the cruise reservation for the cruise is temporarily frozen. There are many reasons for this and run the gamut of the cruise line canceling the sailing or as minor as getting caught up with a large number of bookings.

We had this happen on our September 2008 TransAtlantic cruise. They sold a large percentage of the available cabins in the first two weeks the cruise was open. It went Red Flag for a couple weeks and then re-opened. From what I understand the price jumped on new bookings after the Red Flag was dropped.

What does it mean when a cruisse line red flags a cruise. I booked a cruise for next year and all of a sudden I can't make any changes .:confused:

Hmmm....I have never seen this come up anywhere. Where does this show up, on the cruise lines web-site, say if you were searching for a particular cuise???:confused:

Hmmm....I have never seen this come up anywhere. Where does this show up, on the cruise lines web-site, say if you were searching for a particular cuise???:confused:

It comes up on the travel agents website or if you are booking a cruise yourself, the cruiseline agent will see it.

On the cruiseline website, the cruise might disappear from their listings or it may not have prices available.

It comes up on the travel agents website or if you are booking a cruise yourself, the cruiseline agent will see it.

On the cruiseline website, the cruise might disappear from their listings or it may not have prices available.

Thanks!

Rasputin70 - Hope all worked out well for you too!~~~

Archived