Bringing beer aboard

piratefan

DH wanted me to see if he brought a six pack of Miller Lite (checked luggage) aboard the ship, should he use a beer hugger (for bottles) when he is walking around the ship. Is there any ship policy about where you can or cannot carry a beer or mixed drink? Thanks. We are leaving this Sunday. YEAH!!!!:confused:

What cruise line? Most cruiselines do not allow you to bring aboard any alcohol, except for a few bottles of wine. RCCL won't allow you to bring any alcohol at all.

As to carrying alcohol around the ship, they have no problem with it.

DH wanted me to see if he brought a six pack of Miller Lite (checked luggage) aboard the ship, should he use a beer hugger (for bottles) when he is walking around the ship. Is there any ship policy about where you can or cannot carry a beer or mixed drink? Thanks. We are leaving this Sunday. YEAH!!!!:confused:

You could pick up the beer on the way to the port and put in your luggage if you are cabbing it to the ship. Can't imagine packing something like beer for a flight...if that's what he's planning.

I see people carrying insulated mugs all the time. I'd guess there's more than ice water in them.. That's what I'd suggest he do if his mind is set on the beer. Have a great time!!:D

Since they xray your luggage, they will see the beer in the checked bag and can call to have your remove it. Cruise lines are getting strict with bringing booze of any kind on board. And, if you do this it's considered, not rude, but it's not the best idea to walk around the public areas of the ship with smuggled booze. Most keep the stuff in their cabin and drink it there.

Majority of the time - no problem. I believe they serve the Miller plastic bottles ( I don't drink Miller Lite). I had one of the servers give me a plastic beer mug so I could carry my beer into the hot tub so that's no problem.

You can carry a drink anywhere - I normally buy a bucket of beer (small savings) and carry that around with me. You'll see drinks carried everywhere so don't worry about it and have fun. You also might check prior posts regarding how some people go through a lot of trouble to bring beer on board as well. I've never done it as I just normally bring a couple of flasks of Makers Mark on board for our pre dinner happy hour.

Archived