Do teens use the teen club

rhkspk

I have a 13 year old and in past cruises did the teens use the teen club or just hang out on the deck. Any feedback or details on the teen clubs on CB would be great. Thanks. We leave on 11/18 and can't wait.

My daughter DEFINATELY used the teen club. She was 13 when we cruised in April on CB.

She loved hanging out there, movies, video games, music and participating in most of the organized activities there and at various places on the ship.

Your son or daughter should have a great time.

My 13 year old son went to several teen club activities where hardly any teens showed up so they ended up being cancelled. It probably depends on the group of teens onboard. He actually ended up making friends his own age at the pool and spent a lot of time with them. I think the counselors make every effort to plan appropriate activities, but it's up to the teens if they want to participate.

I have a teen daughter on the Star in a few weeks, I hope there are other kids and she enjoys it. If not it will be fine, we'll hang out and do things onboard together. There is no school holiday when we are travelling so there won't be very many kids. Crossing my fingers she'll meet some friends.

Even though we cruised in the summer, there were only a few kids involved in the teen program when we were on the CB. The teen director said it's hit or miss - sometimes they have a ton of kids, and other times very, very few. She participated in the karaoke contest, but other than that, didn't care for it much.

The teens can just leave when they want, right? They don't have to be signed in and out by a parent?

That's correct.

DS (15) had a great time on the CB last summer. Sometimes they did the teen activities, sometimes they just met up there and did something else (pool, ping-pong, etc.)

However, when we did the Baltics cruise summer before, there weren't very many kids at all. DS finally managed to connect with 2 other boys around his age, and that was enough to have a good time.

I've seen it both ways--on some cruises (the CB, the Coral and on RCI's Majesty) lots of teens (including mine) used the teen room and had a great time. On the Royal and the RCI Radiance, teens were around doing things, but the teen room was empty--guess it depends on the crowd.

Les

We were on the CB in August and my two DD's (ages 13 and 17) participated in the teen activities. My 13 year old is very outgoing and my 17 year old is more reserved. I thought the 13 year old would love the teen activities and the 17 year old wouldn't have much to do with it. It was just the opposite. The 13 year old went to a few things and the 17 year old was doing every activity with the teens. When we were in Princess Cays she ran into some of the kids from the teen club and we didn't see much of her the whole day. She loved it. You can't tell what going to grab them.

Archived