What side of the ship would do take on this cruise???

Hootsie

I'm thinking it won't matter... the ship will cruise at night so you won't see anything then, and when it docks or tenders, it's really a roll of the dice which side will be against the pier/shore. Also... in some ports... looking away from the port is more attractive (like Le Havre). So, IMHO, it doesn't matter which side you choose.

We're booking a veranda so I want nice views. I'm thinking the port side, what do you think??

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/images/maps_2007/AMS_EDB_INV_KOI_BFT_DUB_JER_LEH_AMS.gif

We've been on the port and starboard sides on our cruises and it doesn't really seem to matter. If you want view the coastline, providing your close enough to see it, figure the direction of your route and which side of the ship will be facing the shoreline and select the appropriate side.

Looking at the map, I would choose PORT side. For the most part you will be too far from land, but then again, there will be times you are close. I would choose Port side as you sail around Scotland, the port side is on the coast side. Who knows you may get a great view once or twice that you may miss being on the Starboard side. :)

On the other hand (side of the ship) if you want to view the coast line of France and have the possibility of seeing Normandy from your balcony, I would choose the Starboard side.

Have a great trip.

Looking at the map, I would choose PORT side. For the most part you will be too far from land, but then again, there will be times you are close. I would choose Port side as you sail around Scotland, the port side is on the coast side. Who knows you may get a great view once or twice that you may miss being on the Starboard side. :)

On the other hand (side of the ship) if you want to view the coast line of France and have the possibility of seeing Normandy from your balcony, I would choose the Starboard side.

Have a great trip.

Geez, sorry for my terrible spelling/grammar in my post title. I was on the phone at the same time and it's pretty much true I can't chew gum and walk at the same time so........ (-:

You make good points for both sides and I agree we could see some land on the Scottish coast. I think it would be pretty to see the lights way off in the distance at night.

I know we really can't go wrong. Heck, I'd be happy in and inside cabin. There's no bad cabin when you're on a cruise, right?

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Archived