LifeBoat Drill Time When Sailing From San Juan at 11pm?

LEtue

Never sailed from San Juan before. Does anyone know what time the muster drill is held when we don't sail until 11pm? Just wondering if it is around the same time as usual - around 4pm? We're trying to plan a sailaway party and someone mentioned that the muster is around 10pm....

Does this mean that once you embark, they will not let you go back in Old San Juan? You could easily miss it if you are walking around.

I would not like to miss it, because I like to see where we are suppose to go in case of an emergency.

We got on the ship around 1pm, got back off and wandered around Old San Juan and got back to the ship around 6ish??? In time to eat dinner. I know their were people going to their late dinner seating while we were waiting for the drill to start at 8pm, someone said they had drill at a different time.

Does this mean that once you embark, they will not let you go back in Old San Juan? You could easily miss it if you are walking around.

I would not like to miss it, because I like to see where we are suppose to go in case of an emergency.

Yes you can go back into San Juan. We disembarked twice.

And if you miss the muster drill there is a makeup drill the next day for those not onboard at 8.

Mike:)

last year we boarded at 8:30pm,and had just missed the drill,and we did not have to do make-up drill on next day:))):rolleyes:
I'm very surprised since it's a requirement by law. Did you go to the Pursar's Desk and ask when the "make up" Muster was?

We have taken the ships from San Juan a few times and the drills are held at around 8pm. We always plan to be away from the ship during that time and have never had to attend a "make up" drill.

It is only a requirement of law that the ships have them, not that the passengers attend them. Since they have no check list or roll call it would be impossible for them to know who would need to attend a "make up" session.

Even in our case they would know that we were not on the ship and we were not sent any notice for us to attend a "make up" drill.

Cheers,

Peter

We have taken the ships from San Juan a few times and the drills are held at around 8pm. We always plan to be away from the ship during that time and have never had to attend a "make up" drill.

It is only a requirement of law that the ships have them, not that the passengers attend them. Since they have no check list or roll call it would be impossible for them to know who would need to attend a "make up" session.

Even in our case they would know that we were not on the ship and we were not sent any notice for us to attend a "make up" drill.

Cheers,

Peter

That's very interesting. I've only cruise NCL before and they always check our cabin # off a list when we check in - plus our room #'s are on the life jackets. I go on my first Princess cruise (Crown) in 2 weeks and am very excited to be trying a new line!

Archived