Ordering gifts pre cruise?

Suesancy

Hi everyone - as we have a long flight to join our cruise I thought that I would order one or two items so that they would be in our cabin when we arrive, e.g. the "gin and tonic" package;) , the beer package, and flowers for our cabin. I know we can't do this via Princess UK so printed out the Princess USA gift order form and was going to fill it in and post it off to Santa Clarita. However, when I read the bottom of the form it looks like they just put gift cards in our cabin and not the actual items. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of ordering these items to be in our cabin when we arrive? Many thanks,

Last year on the golden I ordered flowers, chocolate covered strawberries & a soda package - they were all in the cabin already, when we arrived.

I also ordered a Princess teddy bear for my daughter,that turned out to be just a card that we had to redeem at the gift shop.

Hi everyone - as we have a long flight to join our cruise I thought that I would order one or two items so that they would be in our cabin when we arrive, e.g. the "gin and tonic" package;) , the beer package, and flowers for our cabin. I know we can't do this via Princess UK so printed out the Princess USA gift order form and was going to fill it in and post it off to Santa Clarita. However, when I read the bottom of the form it looks like they just put gift cards in our cabin and not the actual items. Can anyone tell me if there is a way of ordering these items to be in our cabin when we arrive? Many thanks,

We had gift cards in our room upon arrival. But we called room service right away and they had me sign the cards and leave them on the bed. When we returned rom sailaway, the items had been delivered.

I'm glad to hear that others had such positive experiences.

I ordered a bottle of wine for my father on their Austalian cruise in Feb through their travel agent.

I told my mother to expect it in cabin upon boarding.

It wasn't there, nor was a voucher. It took them several days and several trips to the purser's desk to finally get the bottle delivered.

Obviously, this wasn't the kind of "gift" I had in mind, so we were quite disappointed.

Looks like it was a one-off but regardless, it has made me leery of pre-ordering anything for my upcoming Emerald cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

I always order flowers for my wife. They are usually in the cabin when we arrive, or the show up during that afternoon. I have never had a problem.

I call 1-800-princess to order. I am not sure how that works in the UK.

DH orders flowers for me too!:D and they do "appear" as posted. He also orders champagne and there is a voucher for that. All we have to do is sign it & give to our room steward who has it delivered in a large ice bucket with champagne glasses, for that extra special touch!:)

We ordered several items in advance from Princess for our recent cruise. Loved having the flowers in our stateroom all week. The other items were 'card only' and redeemed by calling room service (for soda package and strawberries). The photo album wasn't available in the gift shop and the amount was credited to our account. We picked up the ship model in the shop, no problem.

The only issue (and it took all week to resolve) was the Reflections video I ordered. The photo department onboard "had never had anyone order the DVD in advance", and didn't know it could be done. (The price was $10 higher ordering it in advance, and I'd asked for a credit for the difference).

My husband pre-ordered flowers through Princess and they were in the room upon arrival. I think he faxed the form from online from Princess. They were roses and lasted the whole cruise.:)

you should be able to do this through princess in the UK, I ordered some flowers and balcony breakfast for my parents as a gift on their recent cruise on the Royal Princess. Flowers were in the room when they arrived, with a card to arrnage the breakfast. I went through the customer service line in Southampton, fairly painless, although they did for some reason have to process two seperate cc payments for the gifts

I'm glad to hear that others had such positive experiences.

I ordered a bottle of wine for my father on their Austalian cruise in Feb through their travel agent.

I told my mother to expect it in cabin upon boarding.

It wasn't there, nor was a voucher. It took them several days and several trips to the purser's desk to finally get the bottle delivered.

Obviously, this wasn't the kind of "gift" I had in mind, so we were quite disappointed.

Looks like it was a one-off but regardless, it has made me leery of pre-ordering anything for my upcoming Emerald cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Everyone's experiences varies...but I am one of those that ordered plenty of items - flowers - fruits/cheeze trays and such for my friends last year on the Coral Princess(Panama) prior to sailing ....maybe 2 months. All went well and all of my traveling friends (13) received their goodies and were very pleased! I think the key is to call Princess direct instead of using your TA. Specify when you want items delivered. Best wishes for the next time.

PinkSuit

Archived