VACCINES and Visa apps?

Fogfog

OK

I dont want to complicate this--but

on our last cruise--we were in Grand Cayman, Belize, Mexico..

and never went through customs or applied for any kind of visa etc..

so

here it is--

our upcoming cruise takes us to G Cayman Aruba, Columbia, Panama, Mexico.

Under border control requirements..we need proof of Yellow Fever vaccine to enter Panama after having been in Columbia (off the ship).

So we are going to do that...

Here it is

WHEN AND HOW DO BORDER CONTROL CHECK PASSPORTS FOR THE YELLOW FEVER VACCINE DOCUMENTATION IN COLUMBIA, PANAMA ETC...since we are on a cruise and not coming through an airport?

I just want to know what to expect. We will have the Yellow Fever certificates in the passports as required.

Thanks...any visa apps required too?

My experience has been that the cruise ship checks for required vaccinations before you can board the ship. it was different countries than what you are doing however. Our vaccination papers were checked by the ship crew and our names were marked on a list as have been checked. We were then allowed to board.

I would think that your cruise ship company would give you the information you need as to vaccination in your paperwork. The best thing is to check with them as it might be different than what you read for stays on land.

On our last cruise we were required to have a Yellow Fever Shot. So, at the time of embarkation we provided our Yellow Fever Certificate along with our passport which was held by the pursers office. Then when the ship arrived at the country that required the yellow fever shot, when the local authorities came on board they verified that the cruise ship was holding a yellow fever certificate for each of its passengers. Same goes for a visa. If a visa is required, then the ship will allow the local authorities to check each of the passports for those citizens who require the visa.

Keith

Archived