Guest on Board?

ezel

We will be in Matazlan over thanksgiving. My brother will be vacationing there on his own. Will the Princess allow a guest on board for the day??? I'm pretty sure its NO but thought I ask anyway.

I've seen a very few people post that they were able to arrange to allow guests on board. I think you really have to jump through hoops to do it and arrange it in advance. How and to whom you would address such a request is a mystery to me.

As a general rule, Princess does not allow guests on board.

We were just on the Crown and there was a very firmly worded notice that under NO circumstances would anyone be allowed to invite a guest onboard, due to security regulations.

Maybe if you know the Captain and can pull some strings, but otherwise I'd say you have a better chance of winning the lottery. ;)

We have done it in the past but it's best to know a senior officer.They required names,social security #'s,dates of birth and drivers license 3's.We had them on in Hawaii and they stayed on for dinner.We had other friends cleared to board in Maui but we missed the port due to weather.I also saw someone with guests on last month in Gibaltar.

Only if said guest is a cruise passenger...otherwise, better have the wedding on shore and have all the guests you wish attend there (not on the ship).

If you plan your wedding through Princess to take place before the ship sails, then they do allow your guests to attend. But they aren't there for very long before they are escourted back off. It is the only time I have known lately that Princess allows other than passngers onboard. Unless you know someone of coarse. ;)

Yes, it is allowed. I speak from recent experience as of June and Sept. of this year. However, it is strictly up to the Captain and the Captain alone. Doesn't make any difference who you know in the corporate office. Your guest will need to provide name/address/passport no. This will need to be cleared through ship security well in advance, not the day of. The Captain will send a letter to you onboard saying it is ok. Your guest will be accompanied by staff while onboard, even if you're there. The guest will normally be allowed to board around 10 am and be asked to leave about 3. First thing you need to do is very nicely, very politely, very discreetly, directly ask the Captain for His permission. Easier said than done in some cases. Good luck.

Archived