Christmas Cruise Deals?

cheekie

Hey..... has anyone seen any great deals for cruises leaving Dec 22/23 out of Florida... somewhere HOT HOT HOT of course. We have done Western Caribbean (Cozumel /Ocho Rios / Grand Caymen) so would like something different.

Thanks!

Generally that is one of the most expensive times of the year.:eek:

I know! But we want to go...so I guess you pay the piper!

So far we are looking at going with Costa Cruise or Royal Caribbean ( the latter being a lot more expensive, but the ship seems top notch)

Most Holiday Cruises go out fully booked. If you really want to book, you should be doing so soon IMO in order to get air and a cruise that pleases you.

We've done Holiday cruises a number of times and they are fabulous! We always really enjoy them.

I actually just did some quotes this morning and there is availability on the CAribbean Princess, the HAL Noordam and the Westerdam. The Caribbean Princess had balconies in the $1500 per person range. This was leaving on Dec 23rd from FLL.

Laurie, if you're willing to delay a little, there might be better pricing on New Years cruise than Christmas.

We're booked on Princess' Caribbean Princess 12/30 - 1/6 and prices are better on that cruise than the sailing the week before over Christmas. There have been price decreases recently on our sailing for Inside and Oceanviews. But just in the base week more categories are going to GTY or Waitlist only. I'm sure it's even more booked up on the X mas Cruise.

So whatever you do, you should so soon.

You may be able to snag a deal (relatively speaking) at the last minute due to cancellations. If you need to fly, you're out of luck.

Roz

Actually, we watched prices climb up to the very last minute for our Christmas cruise last year...and they sailed fully booked. We had booked almost a year out and the price for the cheapest interior was more than what we had paid for a JS. Even the 3/4 pax fare had increased by a couple hundred $$.

If I were the OP, I'd book a cruise for just before Christmas or just after New Years, then you can find some awesome deals, some of the lowest prices of the entire year to be had then :)

Archived