Enchantment of Seas D1 or JS??

We are taking a girls trip, myself, sister and Mom (leaving DH's and kids at home) in January and are trying to decide between the JS and D1 Cabins. The JS is about 80.00 more a person for the 4 nt cruise. My question is it worth the extra bucks since we will still have a balcony on D1. We couldn't get a "new" room because the only ones that were left were right by elevators. Don't want to deal with that noise!

Would greatly appreciate all of you experienced cruisers input!

Can't wait until January

OhioCruiseMom

Yes, at $20 more a night per person, I'd want the JS. After you book the JS you can keep price watching and around the time of final payments being due, the price might go down a bit to where you could end up paying your original D1 price.

I just got a $120 per person price reduction on our JS on our upcoming 4 night Enchantment cruise. But that was a Senior Citizen price break. I did get $50 per person off of my 4 kids interior cabins just the week before. That's a $440 discount we got off our total price just during the week before payment was due in full.

Take the chance. Even if the price doesn't go down, you'll love the extra space inside the cabin and on the balcony with 3 women.

You will be really cramped in a regular cabin. The JS is the size of a hotel room and because there is a tub, the bathroom is a bit larger (not much, but a bit!) Plus, the walk-in closet (if Enchantment has that feature) is a great storage area!

I assume there is no noise issue below pool deck on Enchantment of the Seas!

That seems to be a matter of opinion. I was originally booked under the solarium. I asked about noise. Some people said it was really loud, some people said they heard noise, but it didn't bother them and others said they heard nothing. I ended up snagging an aft cabin, so I don't have to worry about pool noise. But I'm over the lounge. Mommabean tells me that she didn't hear any noise from the lounge though. We're heavy sleepers so I think we'll be ok. Keep checking everyday for new cabin availability. Maybe you can get an aft or something under the spa.

I keep hearing about "walk in closets" in the JS's. We were in an Enchantment JS a few weeks ago. Room 8630 to be exact. Are those considered "walk in's " ???? As for the noise, a few times we heard a noise as if someone were dragging a table across the floor above us but it was not bad at all.

We had a walk-in closet in our JS on Explorer. I think Radiance class has them as well. But not on Enchantment--JS--those are standard closets, but there is more storage space than a balcony cabin. We have 8634, so hopefully it will quiet for us too.

Now that you mention it, I think it may be just the aft JS that have walk in closets. I'm pretty sure I've seen pics of my cabin having a walk in closet. I can't find the pictures now though. Sorry.

We had an aft JS on Enchantment, and it was a "regular" closet.

Archived