More questions about the RCCL Visa vouchers...

Let's say I wanted to get the certificate for money off of a cruise or for the free cruise...when you request these, do you have to have a specific cruise in mind? Perhaps they send you certificates good for any cruise with an expiration date? If so, how long are the good for? And how soon do they usually arrive once requesed? Are there any limits listed (ie. blackout dates and such)?

I don't believe you have to have the cruise booked before you request the certificates but they are only good for 6 months after they are issued... would be safer to book your cruise & then request the cert.

I agree. Book the cruise and then get the certificate. Remember, you have to apply the cert in six months, you don't have to take the cruise that soon. For example - we are going on the Sovereign on May 23rd. I got a certificate for a free companion fare in early Sept. I called and requested the certificate (you just tell them how many points you are redeeming), then I got the cert in about 2 weeks. I then called RCI and told them I wanted to redeem a cert on my May cruise. They ask for what and I told them for the Free Companion Fare. there is a box on the cert that you mark. They note that and then I made a copy of the cert, and mailed the original. It took about 2 weeks after I mailed it for the free companion fare to be applied. Once applied I could see it on my reservation when I looked online.

It was sooooooooooooooo easy to do. Not issue at all.

I just called card services

and they told me there are 3 options for redeeming 15,000 points.

1. upgrade on night5-7 night cruises ( Sept. - May)

2.$ 150 cruise discount on a royal caribbean cruise

3. $ 150 on board grand romance package including flowers and champaign and some food

Does this sound right?

So the OBC is not of our choosing?

3. $ 150 on board grand romance package including flowers and champaign and some food

Does this sound right?

That is correct, there is a list of the points and options on the RCI site if you click on RCI Visa Card...Later, Jill:cool:

From the RCCL website here are your choices for redeeming 15,000 pts

$150 USD on board credit toward onboard purchases i.e Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

$150 cruise discount off any ship itinerary

Upgrade on a 5 to 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two, September-May (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Onboard Grand Romance Package - This package includes a bottle of champagne, a fresh bouquet of flowers, two robes, canapés, breakfast in bed, and a portrait.

Sounds like whoever you talked to just forgot to mention the shipboard credit option... which can be used for whatever you want onboard...

Does this sound right?

I recently redeemed points. They sent me the vouchers and I chose what I wanted to them put towards by checking off the option on the voucher prior to mailing them in. (The person at BOA providing the voucher for you does not need to know what you are redeeming it for, only the number of points) You must submit them within 6 mos of receipt though, and you do have to fill in your booking number and sailing information when you mail it in.

Good Luck and happy cruising!

I recently redeemed points. They sent me the vouchers and I chose what I wanted to them put towards by checking off the option on the voucher prior to mailing them in. (The person at BOA providing the voucher for you does not need to know what you are redeeming it for, only the number of points) You must submit them within 6 mos of receipt though, and you do have to fill in your booking number and sailing information when you mail it in.

Good Luck and happy cruising!

We are on the Radiance Feb 24th 2008. We'll have 20,000 points or in effect

a $50 and a $150. We are going to use for OBC shopping, Chops and maybe Portofino. How soon do we request these vouchers and how do we get the OBC?

I requested vouchers 10/1, received in the mail 10/17. Here's a picture of the voucher (back page)for the RCCL Visa promotion:

2031633830100235386S500x500Q85.jpg

If you click on the picture, it'll take you to the original at WebShots. You can zoom in to read it better:)

I called and asked C&A a few questions -

Do I check the Single Occupancy box if I don't want the credit split between pax? Yes

Can I mail more than one voucher in a single envelope? Yes

If requesting OBC, can I mail direct, even if I booked thru a TA? Yes

So, I made copies and mailed them off!

Dave

I just signed up for the card yesterday! We are going on Serenade in March so I figured that $150 OBC would come in handy!

Here is a question for ya... I know you get double points for anything purchased on the ship, but does this include paying the balance owed for our next cruise? I have like a $1,500 balance for our Serenade cruise so would that be 3,000 points if I put it on the card? Then I could just use my checking account to pay off the card (which is where the balance was going to come from originally).

I just signed up for the card yesterday! We are going on Serenade in March so I figured that $150 OBC would come in handy!

Here is a question for ya... I know you get double points for anything purchased on the ship, but does this include paying the balance owed for our next cruise? I have like a $1,500 balance for our Serenade cruise so would that be 3,000 points if I put it on the card? Then I could just use my checking account to pay off the card (which is where the balance was going to come from originally).

Yep, we paid part of our group's final payment in September and got the double points for that.

Dave

From the RCCL website here are your choices for redeeming 15,000 pts

$150 USD on board credit toward onboard purchases i.e Spa, Shore Excursions, Gift Shop, Bar, etc (multiple onboard credits may be applied to a reservation if earned)

$150 cruise discount off any ship itinerary

Upgrade on a 5 to 7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two, September-May (interior stateroom to minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

Onboard Grand Romance Package - This package includes a bottle of champagne, a fresh bouquet of flowers, two robes, canapés, breakfast in bed, and a portrait.

Sounds like whoever you talked to just forgot to mention the shipboard credit option... which can be used for whatever you want onboard...

The OBC is available at all levels. It is $50 per 5,000 points. They will combine them to higher levels. You can use multiple OBC certificates. You can also combine the other discounts. with OBC. (I'm doing that on our Thanksgiving cruise.)

Archived