NextCruise - Everything you need to know

NextCruise is great, but they really have to work on major systems issue. In order to get the credit applied towards the 2nd cabin, I have to mail (via postal mail) a printout of a .pdf file that they e-mailed to me.

Get it...they e-mailed me a file (pdf file of the NextCruise document), told me to print it out, and postal mail it back to them! This makes no sense.

I have mailed it back to them, but they say they didn't get it.

NextCruise is great, but they really have to work on major systems issue. In order to get the credit applied towards the 2nd cabin, I have to mail (via postal mail) a printout of a .pdf file that they e-mailed to me.

Get it...they e-mailed me a file (pdf file of the NextCruise document), told me to print it out, and postal mail it back to them! This makes no sense.

I have mailed it back to them, but they say they didn't get it.

That is FUNNY!

I was so worried when I was ready to book because I couldn't find the printout that they had given me onboard, and when I called they already had the number in my "file"- I didn't have to do a thing! (Then I remembered that I had saved the email, so I had it anyway!)

So what has happened with your cruise? Did you get it worked out yet???

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to do this on the Legend last week, and after she spent half an hour with us, she asked for a $750 deposit!! I was shocked and said I had heard you only had to put down $100. She said that for a week cruise you had to put 250 per person. So then I said to just book me. She said that wouldn't work as we need a room for 3 and they would automatically put me in a room for 2.

We left it til we got home, and then I just chose a random 3 day cruise under my name and made a $100 deposit. I will change it when we figure out for sure which cruise we want. (vision from DR or Enchantment from panama for next March 8ish)

So with the changes, does that mean my friends can't use the certificates, even if it's the same reservation number??

When I do the Next Cruise thing, what do I need to make sure I have with me when I leave the ship to prove that I have done this?

kingsgirl, we just recently booked a next cruise on the Explorer of the Seas - confirmations for each of us (4 in total) were delivered by our cabin steward. These confirmations contained booking numbers and other information

Cheers

jaysue

1. Can you get the friends and family coupons when booking a specific cruise or only when you book a NextCruise? I know the specific cruise I want to book when I'm on the Enchantment in two weeks, but I want to get the F&F coupons for my family so they can book the same cruise.

2. I think I know the answer to this, but please indulge me. I am going on the Enchantment in two weeks without my husband and two sons. I want to book two cabins on a future cruise -- DH and one son in one cabin, myself and other son in second cabin. Can I only get OBC for one of those, as I'm the only one on the ship when booking the two cabins?

I hope I have made my questions clear enough.:p

Hi all...this thread has been great and answered alot of my questions. One question I still have though is regarding who to transfer or assign the nextcruise info to if I usually book through an online site like travelocity? Has anyone done this or do you always use personal TA's?

I only read pages 1 thru 5 so I hope this wasn't asked already. Thanks for your thoughts.

Shawna

1. Can you get the friends and family coupons when booking a specific cruise or only when you book a NextCruise? I know the specific cruise I want to book when I'm on the Enchantment in two weeks, but I want to get the F&F coupons for my family so they can book the same cruise.

2. I think I know the answer to this, but please indulge me. I am going on the Enchantment in two weeks without my husband and two sons. I want to book two cabins on a future cruise -- DH and one son in one cabin, myself and other son in second cabin. Can I only get OBC for one of those, as I'm the only one on the ship when booking the two cabins?

I hope I have made my questions clear enough.:p

KelJ, I can help on #2 - you need to fill out two forms for nextcruise if you want to book 2 cabins with an OBC for each cabin - I had to book 2 of our 4 names under one nextcruise form and the other 2 names under another form - I would check with the loyalty ambassador to make sure on the procedure

Cheers

jaysue

KelJ, I can help on #2 - you need to fill out two forms for nextcruise if you want to book 2 cabins with an OBC for each cabin - I had to book 2 of our 4 names under one nextcruise form and the other 2 names under another form - I would check with the loyalty ambassador to make sure on the procedure

Cheers

jaysue

So I can do this even if the other three family members aren't on board at the time that I book the Next Cruise?

Hi all...this thread has been great and answered alot of my questions. One question I still have though is regarding who to transfer or assign the nextcruise info to if I usually book through an online site like travelocity? Has anyone done this or do you always use personal TA's?

I only read pages 1 thru 5 so I hope this wasn't asked already. Thanks for your thoughts.

Shawna

Are you sure you want to do that? You can always leave it with RCCL and transfer it later. If you are positive that you want to use the company that you mentioned, the Loyalty Ambassador can transfer your NextCruise to that agency. But then you will be stuck using them, even if you later change your mind. :)

So I can do this even if the other three family members aren't on board at the time that I book the Next Cruise?

This is the part I am not sure about - all 4 of us were on the cruise but I do not know if that was a requirement or not or if I could have listed "bob dole" as a cruiser on the form. I do know that to get the 2 cabins for the next cruise I had to split the names onto 2 forms

Cheers

jaysue

This is the part I am not sure about - all 4 of us were on the cruise but I do not know if that was a requirement or not or if I could have listed "bob dole" as a cruiser on the form. I do know that to get the 2 cabins for the next cruise I had to split the names onto 2 forms

Cheers

jaysue

Considering that I'll be the only one on the cruise, I expect that I will be able to book one Next Cruise for me and one of my sons in one cabin. I think I'll have to use one of the F&F coupons to book DH and our other son once I'm home. Then I'll give the other coupon to my parents.

I'm still wondering if I can get the F&F coupons if I book a particular cruise and not a Next Cruise.

Thank you Patti and everyone else. But being fairly new to cruising and have been on only 1 other cruise and going again in Sept 09 i have a question maybe you all can help me with. My DD and I and her 2 DD's are going in Sept 2009 if we choose this Next Cruise Cert. then can we each do it in our own names and if we take 2 cabins for that future cruise do we get 2 OBC or 1. Im not sure if her and I will travel on all the cruise's together...so far we have but for the future i was wondering.

Are you sure you want to do that? You can always leave it with RCCL and transfer it later. If you are positive that you want to use the company that you mentioned, the Loyalty Ambassador can transfer your NextCruise to that agency. But then you will be stuck using them, even if you later change your mind. :)

To tell you the truth I am not sure of anything :D But I usually handle my own bookings online because I feel it is easier for me. Is there an andvantage I am unaware of for using a TA? Just to clarify, if I decide to leave it with RCCL, I can transfer it to anyone I choose when I finally decide to book? Is it a complicated process? I hate messes....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help, Shawna

Considering that I'll be the only one on the cruise, I expect that I will be able to book one Next Cruise for me and one of my sons in one cabin. I think I'll have to use one of the F&F coupons to book DH and our other son once I'm home. Then I'll give the other coupon to my parents.

I'm still wondering if I can get the F&F coupons if I book a particular cruise and not a Next Cruise.

Yes, I believe you actually get the F&F coupon with either type (specific or non specified) of N.C. Pkg bookings. We have only done the non specific type and have used the F&F coupons to get the OBC credits for others for the same future cruise we have now booked. Any F&F coupon bookings must be made within 30 of your's, the master booking. You have to be onboard to book a Next Cruise so DH and one DS will have to use the F&F coupons and of course your parents can use the other. Make sure if you are onboard with another person that you let the LA know that you want only one non specific cruise N.C. Pkg booking in your name only as I read here that they will do it for both paxs, thus billing a double deposit in a cabin if you don't.

It appears you will be booking a specific cruise while onboard which you can do for all with the LA while onboard but the bookings without you in the cabin will have to use the F&F coupons to get the OBC. The other thing is the actual F&F coupons must be sent in to the C&A Society (mailing address on back) before they get the OBC. It is possible that since if you are doing all of the actual booking while onboard that the F&F coupons for DH and parents bookings can be left with the LA for forwarded. If this happens make sure you get a copy of the F&F coupons, which list your booking # as the master one, for your records.

Remember if booking a specific cruise full deposits (up to $450per person for 10 night or longer cruise) will be charged and if your parents want to pay their own deposit with their CC your will need it's # and expiry date.

You could also not book your parents and have them do their own booking within 30 days of your booking date but if you want specific cabins it is better to do all together.

Yes, I believe you actually get the F&F coupon with either type (specific or non specified) of N.C. Pkg bookings. We have only done the non specific type and have used the F&F coupons to get the OBC credits for others for the same future cruise we have now booked. Any F&F coupon bookings must be made within 30 of your's, the master booking. You have to be onboard to book a Next Cruise so DH and one DS will have to use the F&F coupons and of course your parents can use the other. Make sure if you are onboard with another person that you let the LA know that you want only one non specific cruise N.C. Pkg booking in your name only as I read here that they will do it for both paxs, thus billing a double deposit in a cabin if you don't.

It appears you will be booking a specific cruise while onboard which you can do for all with the LA while onboard but the bookings without you in the cabin will have to use the F&F coupons to get the OBC. The other thing is the actual F&F coupons must be sent in to the C&A Society (mailing address on back) before they get the OBC. It is possible that since if you are doing all of the actual booking while onboard that the F&F coupons for DH and parents bookings can be left with the LA for forwarded. If this happens make sure you get a copy of the F&F coupons, which list your booking # as the master one, for your records.

Remember if booking a specific cruise full deposits (up to $450per person for 10 night or longer cruise) will be charged and if your parents want to pay their own deposit with their CC your will need it's # and expiry date.

You could also not book your parents and have them do their own booking within 30 days of your booking date but if you want specific cabins it is better to do all together.

I was not aware that I could book all three cabins if I am the only one present. It would be nice if I could book all three cabins and if the LA would let me apply the F&F coupons right then and there. I'll make sure I have my mom's cc#.

Thank you for the very helpful information!:)

I apologize if someone has already asked this but....

We signed up for next cruise in Feb on the AOS for the four of

us (me, DH, DS, DD). Was it necessary to do it for all four or

would it have been sufficient to do it for two? As it turned out

they only charged me for two people (one booking number) even though I was given two booking numbers. I am guessing that the OBC is per cabin therefore only one of the bookers needs to have the next cruise thing? Am I far off?

Kathy J

If you are doing the next cruise program and not specifying or booking an actual cruise onboard you can request that they do this in one name only. In our case the LA put both of our names on one booking # and took two deposits and this is what I've read on this board that the LA usually does when there is a couple in a cabin. If you want two separate booking # with a single deposit on each, just tell them you will be travelling with someone else thus require this.

Yes only one person with a NC program needs to be in the cabin in order to get the OBC for that cabin.

• 3 weeks later...
I was not aware that I could book all three cabins if I am the only one present. It would be nice if I could book all three cabins and if the LA would let me apply the F&F coupons right then and there. I'll make sure I have my mom's cc#.

Thank you for the very helpful information!:)

When We were on the Mariner, we booked 2 cabins, put myself and SIL in a cabin, and DH and his brother in another. I had to use my credit card for both deposits, as my SIL & BIL were not there to authorize their credit card. So if you book all 3 cabins while on board, I think you will need to put all the deposits on your credit card, and have mom & dad pay you when you get home. I can't remember if we could have called them for RC to get their permission to use their credit card.