NextCruise - Everything you need to know

On the Navigator last year' date=' I booked two NextCruise- for my DH and me. When it came time to book the actual cruise, I changed one of them to a cruise for my sister and me for her birthday. All I had to do was change the name! AND since it was just a 5 day cruise, the total deposit was already paid ($200). There was no problem changing the name- of course, the cruise was over a year out at the time!

Either way will work for you![/quote']

When you do a NC booking while on board..........at least "1" name that is shown on the original booking must be on the sailing.

I booked a NextCruise on the last day of our recent Liberty cruise. I only put my name down, resulting in a $100 deposit.;)

I received the certificate (actually two identical certificates) by email. There are a few problems, however. My last name is spelled wrong, the designated TA is someone I have never heard of (correct company, wrong TA) and, there are no Friend's and Family certificates attached. :( I'll have to get this all straightened out through my TA, I guess.

The Next Cruise option is only for US & Canadian citizens. We tried to book it whilst on Splendour in the Med (where more than 1/2 of the passengers aboard were not US or/Canadians) but they refused to allow us. We were able to book a specific cruise but not the "next cruise" deal.

once you have aconfirmation number, you can transfer it to any sailing and the OBC goes with it.

I booked a NextCruise on the last day of our recent Liberty cruise. I only put my name down, resulting in a $100 deposit.;)

I received the certificate (actually two identical certificates) by email. There are a few problems, however. My last name is spelled wrong, the designated TA is someone I have never heard of (correct company, wrong TA) and, there are no Friend's and Family certificates attached. :( I'll have to get this all straightened out through my TA, I guess.

Unfortunately, the Friends and Family certificates are *only* available onboard.

We've had lots of folks report not having received them from the LA onboard (in spite of having requested them). So far, C&A has been reported as basically telling those folks that they are out of luck.

The spelling of your name shouldn't be a problem to correct :rolleyes:

Jane

Unfortunately, the Friends and Family certificates are *only* available onboard.

We've had lots of folks report not having received them from the LA onboard (in spite of having requested them). So far, C&A has been reported as basically telling those folks that they are out of luck.

The spelling of your name shouldn't be a problem to correct

Jane

The LA told me that we would receive them when we booked onboard. I expected the NextCruise certificate and the Friend's certificates to be delivered to my stateroom, but instead they came by email. :confused:

The last name on the certificates has to match the bookings, so I will see about getting it changed. I just don't understand how someone can mess up a simple name. :rolleyes:

i booked a next cruise last april while on the enchantment. i am sailing next week sept 20 on the liberty. what fuel surcharge do i pay? the old one from april which was $5 or the new one which is $10? i am being charged the 10 fee.is this correct?

I'm sorry if this has been covered. I didn't read all the posts.

I tried to use a next cruise while using a tuesday special. My TA told me they were not compatible and I couldn't use it. Anyone else run into this?

Your NC is a booking with a booking number with an OBC attached to it. Tuesdays Specials are for NEW bookings only.

i booked a next cruise last april while on the enchantment. i am sailing next week sept 20 on the liberty. what fuel surcharge do i pay? the old one from april which was $5 or the new one which is $10? i am being charged the 10 fee.is this correct?

Provided you didn't make any changes to the ship or sailing date after you booked your cruise....You should be charged the $5 p/p per day fuel surcharge that was in effect in April when you purchased the Next Cruise. :)

Are you booked with a TA, or directly with the cruise line? Before the Attorney General's ruling there was some confusion. I don't quite understand what is going on now, but it is going to generate another flurry of complaints if they are going after early Next Cruise bookers. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that we couldn't book under a special promo. :eek: Does this mean that we have to pay full brochure price for a cruise? Are Residential and Senior specials out, also?

No...promowave is still allowed, you just can't use it for the Tuesday (new booking only) sales or things like the WOW sales. Oh, and you can't combine a Next Cruise OBC with a C&A savings certificate, apparently...according to some dumb new restriction. :( But other than that, you are eligible for senior & residency and loyalty discounts and price drops. :)

Provided you didn't make any changes to the ship or sailing date after you booked your cruise....You should be charged the $5 p/p per day fuel surcharge that was in effect in April when you purchased the Next Cruise. :)

Are you booked with a TA, or directly with the cruise line? Before the Attorney General's ruling there was some confusion. I don't quite understand what is going on now, but it is going to generate another flurry of complaints if they are going after early Next Cruise bookers. :rolleyes:

i booked directly with royal. i did not choose any cruise when i bought the next cruise booking. i made my selection re: cruise and date this past week.

So just to clarify, If I book next cruise on my upcoming cruise, then I pick a sail date and complete my booking during a promotion that offers onboard credit, I'll get the obc for both?

No. Unless you are talking about onboard credit offered by a travel agent. You can only receive one onboard credit "offer" from the cruise line. :)

No...promowave is still allowed, you just can't use it for the Tuesday (new booking only) sales or things like the WOW sales. Oh, and you can't combine a Next Cruise OBC with a C&A savings certificate, apparently...according to some dumb new restriction. :( But other than that, you are eligible for senior & residency and loyalty discounts and price drops. :)

Thank you! So, I can still received my C&A $100 off for booking a balcony stateroom?

Great!!! :) :D :)

P.S. - I love your fish. Are they representing Ichthus? How did you make the eye?

Re:The fish, another board member (Ladylawyer) was very kind to let me use them with her permission. Her friend designed them, so I don't know how they are constructed. :D

If this issue has already been addressed, I apologize. I was trying to read through the whole thread, and my computer is a bit slow.

If, on my next cruise, I decide to book through the NextCruise program, I want to reserve two rooms, then the assumption is $100.00 per person, so $400.00. Can the second room be put under my daughter's name if she is 17? I assume my older would be able to go on the cruise, but in case she can't, I would need to make a substitution and I did read hear about the names matching the reservation.

I can use C&A savings certificates, from what you have mentioned. Are there other savings that are out there for me to use?

I just went on my first cruise this August, and I did not opt to check on NextCruise while on board, unfortunately.

I am hoping to get whatever discounts I can find out there. Those don't seem to be plentiful for people who sail during the summer, or sail on Explorer....or both! I guess the time and ship are popular.

No, you probably won't be able to use any savings certificates (coupons) with a Next Cruise booking. They have recently started (sometimes) disallowing the doubling up "offers" .

You only need to book one Next Cruise, if you are very insistent about receiving the 2 Friends and Family certificates from the loyalty ambassador or future cruise consultant before you disembark. Or...if you already know which cruise you are booking, you can just deposit and book 2 cabins on the cruise. :D

I don't know about the age issue/or restrictions with your daughter, because I am not a parent. :)

If this issue has already been addressed, I apologize. I was trying to read through the whole thread, and my computer is a bit slow.

If, on my next cruise, I decide to book through the NextCruise program, I want to reserve two rooms, then the assumption is $100.00 per person, so $400.00. Can the second room be put under my daughter's name if she is 17? I assume my older would be able to go on the cruise, but in case she can't, I would need to make a substitution and I did read hear about the names matching the reservation.

I can use C&A savings certificates, from what you have mentioned. Are there other savings that are out there for me to use?

I just went on my first cruise this August, and I did not opt to check on NextCruise while on board, unfortunately.

I am hoping to get whatever discounts I can find out there. Those don't seem to be plentiful for people who sail during the summer, or sail on Explorer....or both! I guess the time and ship are popular.

Hi Laurie, as was previously posted..........when you make a NC booking on a ship............you will receive an onboard credit which is determined by the length of the cruise once the NC is changed into a specific itinerary/ship/sailing date. The onboard credit is considered an offer.

C&A Savings Certificates are also considered offers and as of July 31, 2008, C&A started to enforce the rule that only one offer can be combined with any/all benefits. Benefits being OBC from Shareholder Benefits, OBC from redeeming Visa Points, P/D/D+ balcony discount.

So you would have to determine which is more important the OBC or the $$$ off coupon.

As far as booking a room in your daughter's name..........I do believe that the age to book is 21.............but you can find the answer to this easily on the RCI website under Frequently Asked Questions.

My suggestion to you is that when you make your NC booking, put it in just your name, so that would be a $100 non-refundable deposit............then ask for 2 C&A Friends & Family Certificates. These certificates are linked to your NC booking number and once you have changed your NC into a specific itinerary/ship/sailing date............then those that you have given the F&F certificates to have 30 days to book the same cruise as you have done.

Doing it this way you will only be out of pocket $100 and you will still have a certificate to use to book a cabin for your daughter. Also, if you put a NC booking in two names............at least one of those listed must be on the cruise.

Hope I haven't confus4ed you too much.

Is next cruise worth it?

A year ago, I would have said yes, it is definitely worth purchasing one when you are onboard. If you have one at hand and you are surfing the net, and come acros a fabulous deal or itinerary....you can book it right away, over the phone and receive onboard credit.

If it is true that you can't combine a (possible) savings certificate with the OBC from a Next Cruise booking...then they have lost a little bit of their luster. We were able to use a savings certificate and still receive the OBC, but we booked a long time ago.

Provided Royal Caribbean doesn't have any future unpleasant surprises for us, I don't really see a downside to having a Next Cruise in reserve. :)