No Lobster? Say It Ain't So!

Read a post that mentioned Royal Caribbean had discontinued serving lobster. Hope this was an error. Can anyone provide the facts? I may need to pepare my seafood-loving wife for the awful truth...

You can read more here.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=649193

Dreaded double post, wasn't my fault, ha, ha.

It is now called fisherman's platter and includes shrimp I think a lot of people overlook it.

That name change was made some time ago. More recently some people have been stating that they heard while on board that RCL was about to discontinue serving lobster. Hopefully these rumors prove to not be true.

From what others have been saying they're going to diguise the lobster in BBQ sauce and it's going to taste like chicken.

:D :D :D

I have no idea why people get so excited by the lobster served in the dining room on cruise ships, any line for that matter, not just RCI. It might as well be prepared like this, as it is always overcooked and rubbery.

Except, I avoid the chicken on cruises as well, it tastes like re-heated rest home chicken to me :rolleyes: .

I love to cruise but the food onboard, unless it is from a specialty restaurant is just not that exceptional. I don't go hungry and it certainly is edible, it's just not anywhere near fine or gourmet dining.

The lobster tails last week on Freedom were not rubbery. They were cooked just right. I had two. They are not cooked in garlic as someone mentioned. The shrimp served with the tails are in a garlic sauce. The menu for "lobster night" is misleading, so some may miss the lobster. The "chef's choice" is some sort of BBQ. The lobster is listed on the Fisherman's platter.

I*could* go find the actual thread, but here is what ONE cruiser reported. (and I believe that one other poster said, "Yeah, that's what I heard, too.")

Cruiser was on the Mariner. Waiter was serving him the Fisherman's Platter. Waiter remarked that they were going to stop serving lobster and would be having BBQ chicken on formal night.

End of rumor.

I now return you to your previously scheduled Speculation, Assumption and Innuendo.

:D :D :D :D

Who cares. If it was ever good Lobster, it would be one thing. But cruise ship lobster is just a tiny, horrible tasting spiny tails. Spiny lobster is considered to be the warm water affordable alternative to lobster. It stinks.

Who cares. If it was ever good Lobster, it would be one thing. But cruise ship lobster is just a tiny, horrible tasting spiny tails. Spiny lobster is considered to be the warm water affordable alternative to lobster. It stinks.

Chacun à son goût.

I enjoy it, and have never been served one that was rubbery, overcooked, tasteless or inedible.

On the other hand, I don't make my schedule around it. If I want to go to a specialty restaurant on a certain night, the fact that lobster is being served in the main dining room does NOT change my mind. If they didn't have it at all, it wouldn't bother me.

But if it is served when I am there, I will order it. And probably have a second.............. ;)

Chacun à son goût.

I enjoy it, and have never been served one that was rubbery, overcooked, tasteless or inedible.

On the other hand, I don't make my schedule around it. If I want to go to a specialty restaurant on a certain night, the fact that lobster is being served in the main dining room does NOT change my mind. If they didn't have it at all, it wouldn't bother me.

But if it is served when I am there, I will order it. And probably have a second.............. ;)

Vous êtes correct, mon amour. Je devrais avoir dit, à mon avis

Yes they still have the lobster. They offered in 2x on our 15 night Hawaii cruise. The first one was so small it made our Gulf Coast ship look huge!

The second lobster night they had the tail but they were small but not like the time before.

Lexi

Archived