No Lobster? Say It Ain't So!

We were on Navigator last week and yes lobster did appear on the menu. However our waitress pointed out that actually it was langoustine tails. A couple of night later, I took the seafood platter and the identical serving was this time called tiger shrimp, So do they serve lobster ?? I don't know, but then neither does the chef :) :confused:

At the Platinum/Diamond luncheon, I was seated next to an officer that was in charge of food on the Brilliance. Sorry I can't remember exactly what his actual title was, but he did mention to me that at some point RCI might be forced to stop serving lobster. If you multiple the number of sailings X 2 or three for each ship and sailing that serves lobster you can come up with a negative number. It is just a matter of numbers of supply and demand. You can go to an upscale restaurant and always get lobster at market price. I am sure that the cruise lines aren't shelling out that much money for the little bitty lobsters that you eat on the cruise ship.

I can't eat the things (allergic) so I just want my good steak on formal night. ;) Here is hoping that you lobster lovers don't miss out on your two bite dinners.

on the oct 14 sailing of the mariner- our waiter told us as he served us our 2nd lobster tails that the lobster on the menu would be gone fleet wide by end of 07- another waiter told another table on same sailing that the no lobster offered would be tried on the mariner as a test - who knows if this will happen for sure- hopefully we can still get it on the seafood skewer in portofino- in 12 cruises on 2 lines , i have not had a bad lobster tail yet- will miss them if they go but will still cruise - just will know not to expect lobtser one night- :)

Read a post that mentioned Royal Caribbean had discontinued serving lobster. Hope this was an error. Can anyone provide the facts? I may need to pepare my seafood-loving wife for the awful truth...

Return a week ago from LOS. Great cruise!! The second formal night was th lobster. It is served with shrimp, but we had tails; good, large, tasty ones, and they were willing to bring another if we had room, which we didn't. :( Don't worry, we saved some for your wife..

I do think that eventually the cruise ships will stop serving lobster at least on the mass market lines..

On my first cruise, ( 1992) the Lobster tails looked liked Lobster and were a good size and quite tasty. These days...take it or leave it. It doesn't matter for us because we live in an area where we can get fresh lobster any time we want.. and we probably eat it once or twice a month...

However, we went to Grille 66 in Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago (pre-cruise) and they had 20 oz lobster tails!!! Never had anything like that in my life!! DH and I could have shared a dinner. The baked potato was the size of a football!!

If the ships stop the lobster, it won't bother us..we still have it close to home...

Pam

Archived