alarm clock in cabin?

Pammie poo

your on vacation... Just request a pot of coffe or something to be delivered to you room if you are worried about oversleeping...

that's what i do. on the bottom of the card i write 'please call when on the way'. best alarm clock in the world.

Trust me, bring your own travel clock. The ones on the telephone are hard to see and set up. I just bring my own.

Marilyn

Marilyn, Yep, I totally agree. Once I find my glasses and read the time on the phone, I might as well just stay up as there is no going back to sleep after checking the time. ;)

One thing too, we have sailed on a few ships where the program was not working for the wake up calls. So, taking a clock along assures you of getting up on time for shore excursions.

Because I wake up soooooo many times during the night, I just like to see wha time it is. Sometimes you don't get service on your cell phone, so it is just easier to bring along a small clock. We did this time and I was much happier. Utilized the wake up call service when we had to get up. Surprisingly though, I've never slept as good as when I was on the Coral Princess:)

Make sure that you take a battery operated travel clock, not a plug-in one. I don't know all the technical terms, but something about the power on the ships is a little off, so clocks can run fast or slow, and not keep time properly.

Ship's power may not have the correct frequency.

Our power is 60 Hertz (Cycle).

Ship's power may be more or less; thus, affecting the clock motor.

I just set the alarm on my cell phone or pager -- which I bring along mainly to act as an alarm and as my address/phone book in case of emergeny.

I did that, until I found that it didn't always get the time accurately, depending on where we were in the Caribbean, I could be as much as 2 hours off! Also, for those with the new iphone, you'll get roaming charges, even if you don't make calls.

I did that, until I found that it didn't always get the time accurately, depending on where we were in the Caribbean, I could be as much as 2 hours off! Also, for those with the new iphone, you'll get roaming charges, even if you don't make calls.

Guess it depends on the phone and service that you have -- mine changes automatically and sends me a text message everytime it moves inot a new time zone. No roaming charges unless I place or answer a call.

So...do I need to take one with me...traveling on the Tahitian Princess in two weeks.

How about your cell phone-I use that everywhere I need an alarm clock. Just be sure to bring your charger with you so your phone doesn't go dead during the trip.

I love this travel alarm clock. It has a button to push on the top that turns on the backlight so you can see the time in the middle of the night (turns off in about 30 sec.). Also has the temperature and folds flat, so it takes up practically no room in your suitcase.

I'm on my third one!

http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=218917&search_type=search&search_words=travel%20alarm%20clock&prodtemp=t1&cm_re=Result*R2C1*T

Archived