If I were CEO of RCCL I would......?

As noted on another thread I would train certain staff (at least security officers) EMT certified or at least first responders. The staff doctors are not all they are cracked up to be. Not to mention that should something happen to cause multiple injuries it would take more than one doctor to treat them. So lets make the ships not only a fun place but a safe place.:D

1. I would definitely add more Radiance class ships.

2. I would add popcorn in the movie theater.

3. I would have Southern Caribbean cruises out of Florida instead of San Juan.

4. Put a Radiance class ship in New Jersey year-round.

Finish this sentence. If you were CEO of RCCL what would you change to make cruising more enjoyable?

Give suite upgrades to any customer boarding with apparel from the #1 team in College football polls.

• I would have monthly teleconferencing lunches with different staff from both shoreside and on board personnel at the same time thus ensuring that my staff is all on the same page regarding policies and procedures.
  • Lobster and Baked Alaska on every single ship. Tradition is tradition, folks
  • The money to be made in F&B has always been alcohol, stop nickel and diming on the cola and juice.
  • If I have to keep going to Nassau then I will look into the feasibility of leasing our very own beach there for C&A members with a bar, restaurant and facilities (prices being similar to onboard)
  • I'd dream up more combined tour packages with hotel stays/events/cruise all included and promote the heck out of them.
  • I'd have marketing come up with exciting document packets to start to get you in the mood for your cruise rather than some boring pamphlet

I forgot to mention that I would also explore the idea of an adult only cruise ship. With most lines running toward the family market, I would like to see how an inexpensive cruise would fare for a market of cruisers that is yet untapped.

[*]I would have monthly teleconferencing lunches with different staff from both shoreside and on board personnel at the same time thus ensuring that my staff is all on the same page regarding policies and procedures.

I think RCCL is doing some of this type of meeting/teleconferencing as per a discussion I had with a very competent Customer Relations employee. but to agree with your suggestion, even more of this communication would be helpful.

Finish this sentence. If you were CEO of RCCL what would you change to make cruising more enjoyable?

Have affordable round-trip cruises to Italy, England, China etc instead of the repositioning cruises where you have to get a flight either coming or going.

Ok you guys have me cracking up at work!!!

1. Make all Presidential Suites handicap accessible (I am quite sure there are older people or handicapped people who have large groups of people who want to travel in that room (like me!!))

2. Enforce dress code!!

3. I love the idea of a drink card that can be punched ( I spent more than $100 on drinks by myself)

4. Retrain all of the phone staff because there is no reason to get 3 different answers to the same question.

5. Let me become their MYSTERY SHOPPER just because I love the vidalia onion tarts!! LOL:D

just bumping this back up to the top... where the warm and friendly discussions belong:)

........and I want a red wagon, and a Chatty Cathy doll, and a remote control car, and a new pair of roller skates...:D

Amy, I would have SWORN, from your posts, that you are WAAAAAAAY too young to remember Chatty Cathy dolls!

By the way, have you seen the Geico commercial with the Chatty Cathy doll?!?!?!?!?

1. I would take a hard look at NCL's food experience and try to incorporate the best of NCL with RCCL. The choices and variety are awesome on NCL. For all those that like traditional cruising NCL has a main dining room with assigned seating and formal nights along with all the other food venues.

2. Also, I would try to compete with NCL's Suite experience. It is the BEST in the industry (on their newer ships).

IMO NCL offers a better food experience and Suite experience. With the exception of the NCL's suite area, which is the best in the industry, I think NCL's ship's designs and layouts lack the "wow" factor that RCCL offers. It is VERY hard for me to choose which Line to travel with. IF the food experience was JUST equal to NCL's it would be a home run and I would never consider NCL again.

Archived