What Time Do You Board?

kjaa0913

Last week, we boarded the Majesty. Our shuttle from the hotel left around 10:50 am. We were onboard the Majesty eating a delicious lunch in the Windjammer before noon! It is a great opportunity to get familiar with the ship and get some wonderful pictures before everyone starts showing up around 1:30-2:00.

Usually depends on when our plane get in but, we have always been on board before 2. In Jan. we will be flying in a day early and will try to get to the port before noon. First time for us getting in a day early:D.

Over the past few years we have sailed on the Rhapsody, Navagator and Mariner. In all cases we have been able to board between 12 and 1. We usually shoot to be at the pier by 12. I'd rather wait a little while at the pier than at the airport or my hotel. By that time I'm so filled with anticipation that I don't notice the time.

Since we live in Florida we drive to the ports here and arrive between 1030 and 1100. They generally start checkin by 1100 and board the ship between 1130 and 1200 unless there are immigration/customs problems. Then it might take until 1300 or 1400 before they let you on.

Our Documents Tell Us Not To Board Before 2:00 But It Does Seem Like People Are On The Ship Before 2:00???

Typically boarding begins around 11am (give or take half an hour). They say 2pm so everybody does not arrive at 11am. On all four cruises I have done I have been on board by 11:30am. I generally arrive to the pier at 10:30 or so as I enjoy being among the first to board.

We board as early as we can... but all depends on when our flight gets in and when the shuttle gets us from the airport to the port. By the time we get there, it's been a long day (usually leaving home at 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. to drive 1-1/2 hours to the airport and then flying out around 6:00 a.m.

We like to get there by 10:30 and usually board by 11:30 AND eating our first buffet by 12!! It's the FIRST day of the vacation so we try and make the most of it.

That is exactly how I feel about Day 1. We like to arrive early to optimize our time on the ship.

We have boarded as early as 10:15. This was the case on our last cruise. Your room may not be ready yet but you can drop off your carry-ons and just explore the ship, sit by the pool or have lunch in the windjammer.

From previous experience we are usually able to board the ship about five hours before departure. There are occasionally exceptions to that rule. So if your ship is scheduled to leave at 5 pm you should be able to board around noon.

The last few cruises we have been on we've actually waited until later (1:30 - 2 pm) to board and it has been a lot easier. The crowds have died down, you don't have to wait for boarding to begin and for some reason our bags have gotten to our cabin a lot sooner.

We've done it both ways and we always seem to have to wait until noon to board when we arrive at 11 am. Since neither of us is crazy for waiting in a terminal full of people, boarding later seems to work better for us. We figure we've got days to explore the ship and we're not crazy for the buffet lunch, so we're not in a hurry.

There have been a couple of boardings when there was a delay because of sewer problems and once a computer problem.

With the sewer problem, boarding did not even start until 1:30 pm, thankfully we didn't get there until 1:30 pm and only had to wait in line to board, not to check in. With the computer problem we didn't board until nearly 4pm, we had arrived at the port at 11:45. That time was a real drag. But the majority of time the ship clears fine and boarding is promptly begun at around 12 noon.

I think the majority of people arrive at port between 11 am and 1 pm.

We usually get to the pier by 11 or 1130 and are onboard before noon.

This trip we have to be at the pier by 930 as we will be onboard by 10.

We are part of a larger group and one of the couples is getting married on board! :D

What it you don't set sail till at night. We are on the serenade for 11/08, we don't leave port until 10 PM. Will we still be able to board this early???

that if our room is not ready??[/qAlso, if we carry on some pop and maybe some water, what do we do with uote]

You can usually board 4 to 5 hrs early.

You can drop off carry-ons, water and soda in the room before it is ready. We try to put our things out of the way of the room steward so they can finish the room with out much extra work. You can put any valuables in the safe then too.

Archived