Large Groups on a particular sailing?

wtevrfltsurbt

Is there a site where I can find out about large groups sailing on a particular voyage? It sure would be helpful in making cruise choices for me in the future, I can either choose a cruise because of the presence of the group~say a shared hobby or interest group, or choose a different voyage. Anyone know if this type of info is readily available on the web?

Thanks!

Hi Cruise Lover and thanks for responding!

I know about the CC groups but what I am looking for is info on OTHER large groups travelling on a particular voyage, say "the 3rd annual Polka dancers Assoc Cruise" or whatever. I would like to know if I am going to be stuck on a ship for a long period of time with a special interest group that I might not enjoy. I have heard horror stories about families (with kids) that went on a cruise and did not know that a group of more that 100 "Swingers" were on board and alot of innappropriate moments ensued.

I am not here to bash or demean any lifestyle choices, just trying to find info so I can plan accordingly if that is a possibility.

search the carnival thread there was a posting about it a few weeks ago since some people were upset that they cruised with a certain group on their cruise and they are sueing the cruiseline.

Melika

Yes, it can be a bad experience but conversly it could also help alot of folks make choices too. If I am a "smooth Jazz" fan and I knew there was a Jazz group cruise with alot of those folks aboard it could influence me to book that particular cruise. I really think this type of info posted somewhere could be helpful.

search the carnival thread there was a posting about it a few weeks ago since some people were upset that they cruised with a certain group on their cruise and they are sueing the cruiseline.

Unbelievable!!! Do these people think they should be allowed to choose their cruise companions. :confused:

Good grief! :rolleyes:

I had to find this thread and I went back 40 pages on Carnival's board and couldn't find anything. It probably got deleted.

It is miserable to unhappily and surprisedly find yourself on a cruise where there is a group comprising more than 50-60% of the guests and it happens on all cruise lines at one time or another. It makes for a less than great cruise for those not part of the group.

Happened to us once. We had no way of knowing there was a group that made up about 65-70% of all guests and we were denied entry to certain lounges at certain times and even had to leave the pool for the full afternoon of a bright beautiful sea day. We were skunks at a lawn party and the group made it known we were in their way.

We certainly got no bargain price for that cruise and expected full use of the ship (as everyone does when they book) but it didn't happen.

It is miserable to unhappily and surprisedly find yourself on a cruise where there is a group comprising more than 50-60% of the guests and it happens on all cruise lines at one time or another. It makes for a less than great cruise for those not part of the group.

Happened to us once. We had no way of knowing there was a group that made up about 65-70% of all guests and we were denied entry to certain lounges at certain times and even had to leave the pool for the full afternoon of a bright beautiful sea day. We were skunks at a lawn party and the group made it known we were in their way.

We certainly got no bargain price for that cruise and expected full use of the ship (as everyone does when they book) but it didn't happen.

I am curious. Did you talk to management/guest relations? What did they say?

Is there a site where I can find out about large groups sailing on a particular voyage? It sure would be helpful in making cruise choices for me in the future, I can either choose a cruise because of the presence of the group~say a shared hobby or interest group, or choose a different voyage. Anyone know if this type of info is readily available on the web?

Thanks!

Hi, try this link - there are many cruises listed that probably will have large groups.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=349

Wes

I would say it was my group but we never never take over a ship's area for no more than 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. And usually it is during the first dining time since we all request second sitting. The group I am sailing with this January (2008) has close to 600 people that signed up for it so if you planning on sailing on the Voyager of the Seas the week of January 13, 2008, be forewarned that we will be taking over the ship :eek: (as you said it). In fact we have such a good, clean, family fun time that before we leave the ship many strangers are seeking out our travel agents so they can sign up of the next year's cruise.

Unless that group had reserved a private lounge or private area you had every right to enjoy the pool area if you wanted. I can not imagine that a cruise director would let a group that large take over a public area for that long of a time. It seem to me that these were just a bunch of people who took it upon themselves to take over the pool area without the consent of the cruise shop. Sort of like - chair hogs. We are always told in advance that we will be allowed to reserve a room for a certain amount of time and once that time is up I can promise you that someone from the ship lets us know that it is time to open that area to the rest of the people on the ship and the people in charge of our group does it willing and with a smile. Good luck on your next cruise.

Archived