Oslo Airport to Cruise Port

Well first you'll need to know where your ship is going to be docked. There are berths near the DFDS Ferry terminal, near the Color Line Terminal, near the Stena Line terminal and then again a berth or two in between these.

The easiest way then would be a taxi all the way from the airport OSL to your ship. However OSL is way out and this would be a very expensive option. More cost-effective would be to take the SAS bus from the airport to downtown and then a taxi to the ship. Bus details are at:

http://travelguide.osl.no/cms.cfm?nPageNo=5450&nSupplierID=383&nmenuid=2194

On the above bus link you can also click on Train to learn of the direct train from OSL to Oslo-S (main train station). This is a little more expensive than the bus and thus perhaps a compromise between the taxi and bus. At Oslo-S you would then take a taxi to the ship.

Please note on the list of bus stops those marked with "T" in the name are Tunnelbane (subway) stations. A good Oslo map would help you locate those stops in relation to where your ship will be docked.

BobK/Orlando

• 3 weeks later...

To go from the airport to the cruise terminal - I would recommend taking the train. The airport express goes every 10 minutes to the ccity centre and every 20 minutes to Oslo West. If you get off at Oslo S (S=sentral stasjon) - a 20 minute ride from the airport - you can take a taxi to the terminal, or public transportation.

I would not recommend the bus (takes to long) - or a taxi (unless there are a lot of you). Both of these take considerably longer.

The train costs NOK 160 pp, the cheapest taxi is Taxi2 if you book it inside the terminal and costs NOK 440.

• 2 weeks later...
To go from the airport to the cruise terminal - I would recommend taking the train. The airport express goes every 10 minutes to the ccity centre and every 20 minutes to Oslo West. If you get off at Oslo S (S=sentral stasjon) - a 20 minute ride from the airport - you can take a taxi to the terminal, or public transportation.
I agree with this. The train from Gardemoen to the city centre is really the most efficient way of getting into the city.

If it seems expensive, that's because it is. As is everything else in Norway!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Would anyone have an idea of the current price for a taxi from the port back to the airport please?

Would another option be to take a shorter taxi ride to the central station, then the train to the airport?

thanks

Would anyone have an idea of the current price for a taxi from the port back to the airport please?
If you don't get an answer from anyone else (I think your identical question on another thread remains unanswered?), you might want to have a look at http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/oslo.html which suggests that a cab would be between 400 and 900 NOK.

Would another option be to take a shorter taxi ride to the central station, then the train to the airport?

thanks

I believe that a taxi to the airport starts around 700 NOK, but I think it costs slightly more in the evenings and on weekends.

Taking a taxi to the central station is definitely an option, and is the one that most locals use. Almost no one takes a taxi from the airport and instead ride the Flytoget airport express train back and forth and limit the taxi to just getting to/from the station.

If you can manage your luggage well enough to move it through the station on your own (50-100 m), I would definitely suggest going that route. The taxi to the station will probably cost around 120 NOK, and the Flytoget is 170/person. Not only does it cost less, but it's much faster. The train takes about 20 minutes, and the drive is closer to an hour.

Archived