Help for ripped/torn ear lobes

Liner

I have ripped ear lobes (thanks, son!!) and I have found a product to use so I can wear wires again instead of just post style pierced earrings. EarLlift is invisible ear lobe support tape. I bought them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. There is also a website .. Earlift dot com. The product works great for me!!

This is so coincidental! Have just been to the plastic surgeon to discuss getting my second earlobe surgically repaired. When my ears were first pierced, the hole was not placed correctly...it looked OK in the front but in back the hole was very close to the tip of the lobe. Through the years the hole kept getting bigger until it nearly tore completely. Had it surgically repaired and repierced but ibetween the two procedures, it was about 6 months before I was able to wear an earring.

Now the other ear needs the same thing. I don't understand how this happens but it is very common according to the doctor. I also have never worn any earrings that were not extremely lightweight and I do not sleep with them on.

I picked up a pamphlet in his office about this tape to use on the ear and will be sure to use it from here on. Thanks for calling our attention to this helpful product.

Thanks so much for posting about the Ear Lifts. I purchased mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond (60 for $6.99) on Saturday and tried them yesterday with my new wire earrings. THEY WORK!!!!! So, I will be taking them with me on my upcoming cruise. :D :D :D

Wow! Thanks for the info. I had no idea something like that existed. You ladies are amazing! I also have saggy ear holes and thought earring days were over.

I echo you Dihead -- I learn something new every day too!

Susan

Susan

Thanks so much for posting about the Ear Lifts. I purchased mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond (60 for $6.99) on Saturday and tried them yesterday with my new wire earrings. THEY WORK!!!!! So, I will be taking them with me on my upcoming cruise. :D :D :D

Do they haveface/neck lifts too? (Oh please, tell me they do!)

Dee ;)

Yep, I have one of those as well.

But I did wear heavy earrings as a teenager too. Even made holes in seashells and hung them.

I usually use a big round backing in addition to the normal backing and it works good, and assures that I wont loose the earring.

Your dermatologist just might do the repair - mine did, a great job and was only $300 for the fix. Had to wear tiny post earrings for about 6 weeks but I'm now back to normal. Nobody should have to go through life with a ripped lobe.

Archived