What to put on GTY luggage tag?

cnvh

Okay, we leave tomorrow morning and I am just now getting around to filling out our luggage tags... We booked a GTY stateroom, and even though it shows cabin # 6145 on the online check-in forms, should I put that cabin number, or GTY, or what?

If it makes a difference, we're using the HAL motorcoach option for transportation to the pier, so when we hand our bags off to the bus driver, we won't be seeing them again until after we board-- so we won't be able to check with a porter at the pier (assuming the porters know the cabin numbers-- maybe they don't?)

Thanks for your help!

You have two choices:

Enter the cabin number you have. Then hope it isn't changed (probably won't be), or if it is, that the luggage gets rerouted to your new cabin.

Or, leave the cabin number blank. When you get to NYC (Homecity Bus tells me it's the Noordam you're sailing), hop off the bus as the luggage is unloaded and make sure the stevedore looks up your cabin number and enters it. If you can't get off the bus fast enough then someone will have to look the number up to get it delivered. That may take extra time, however.

If I were you, I'd enter the cabin number I found on the check-in form.

Since the "Signature Boarding Pass" lists that cabin number, I figured it was probably a safe bet to put that on our luggage tags... the worst that could happen is that the bags have to get re-routed-- and as long as the bags are onboard SOMEWHERE, I'm sure they'd turn up eventually, right?

Thanks for the swift replies-- you guys rock!! :)

Archived