Do any NCL ships sleep 5 per cabin

saranda02

Yes, there are cabins aboard NCL ships that sleep 5.

Just not many choices out there.

When looking at NCL ship's deck plans, look for a "star" in the cabins.

Star, Dawn, Jewel, Pride of Hawaii (Jade), Pearl, and Gem: A1 Garden Villas and AB Penthouse Suites.

Pride of Aloha: EE Oceanviews and K Insides (Deck 8)

Sun: I Insides (Decks 9 and 10) and JJ Insides (Deck 8)

Pride of America: AF Balcony Family Suites (Decks 7, 8, 9, and 10) AG Oceanview Family Suites (Deck 7)

Spirit, Majesty, and Dream: None.

The class of cabins that sleep 5 vary between ships. With the newest sister ships starting with the Star the more expensive Suites, with the Pride of America the cheaper Suites, with the sisters Sun and Pride of Aloha the Insides, with the oldest ships none.

Good luck, as these sell out fairly fast.

Hi All! I am planning our cruise vacation for my family in Feb 08. Do you know of any NCL ships that allow occupancy for 5? - Thanks!

If you pick a ship in the booking engine then select for 2pax, the next page has catagory desriptions tab next to the pricing tab , with this you can see the occupancy and description of each cabin grade.

If you pick a ship in the booking engine then select for 2pax, the next page has catagory desriptions tab next to the pricing tab , with this you can see the occupancy and description of each cabin grade.

Or, if you pick a ship and select for 5pax, the next page will show you a list of only those cabins that will accomodate 5 pax. :)

We are two families of 5 going on the SUN on March 1st '08. I was the first to be surprised that they had cabins for five at a very good price. We had the choice of inside, oceanview (D) and even balcony (BC) that could take five. The only funny thing was that when we tried to book on the NCL web site, it said that they did not have any cabins that could accept five while many TA where giving me ample choice of cabins that could take five. We settled on two oceanview cabins on the Viking deck and we are hoping for an offer for a balcony...:D

We are two families of 5 going on the SUN on March 1st '08. I was the first to be surprised that they had cabins for five at a very good price. We had the choice of inside, oceanview (D) and even balcony (BC) that could take five. The only funny thing was that when we tried to book on the NCL web site, it said that they did not have any cabins that could accept five while many TA where giving me ample choice of cabins that could take five. We settled on two oceanview cabins on the Viking deck and we are hoping for an offer for a balcony...:D

In 2001, my brother was on the Majesty with his wife and 3 kids. They were in an inside room with a rollaway. I don't think I saw it, but I imagine it was VERY, VERY tight.

In 2003, we were on the Majesty in a triple with a roll away. It was not comfortable. While on that cruise, we booked a cruise to Alaska and during the planning process, we were offered the same type of set up - a triple plus one. I said, "No."

I know when we were on the Majesty last month, I saw a roll away out in the hallway. I don't know how it was being used.

It was a great economical way for my brother to sail with his family, and his kids were pretty young at the time. I don't know if they even offer this option anymore.

Good luck, you have your answer and I know many are content with 5 in a cabin. Unless I were going to consider a family suite or some such thing I would opt for 2 cabins adjoining or connecting. NCl isn't noted for having large cabins. I have had clients do Carnival (which does have large cabins) in almost every case they have come back and said they wouldn't do 5 in one again.

Nita

There are some great deals on additional passangers in the same cabin right now, my TA sent us an email and it had rates as low as 149.00 for passegers 3-8! You could probably snag a great deal on one of those bigger cabins! Good luck Blake

There are some great prices, but often on the discount cruises the insides are only a little more so if you can find a pair of cabins close you get that extra bathroom,

It's the 4-5pax with one bathhroom that would put me off a family/share situation

There are some great prices, but often on the discount cruises the insides are only a little more so if you can find a pair of cabins close you get that extra bathroom,

It's the 4-5pax with one bathhroom that would put me off a family/share situation

The A3 & AB suites have two bathrooms. The really nice master bath with tub and shower and a standard bath with shower. We have an AB booked for our family of 5 on the Pearl Thanksgiving 2008. Our DDs will be 12, 7 & 5, so it will be plenty of room for us.

Now my BIL and his family of 6 will be cruising with us. They went with two inside cabins close to each other because it fit their budget better.

One bathroom. One TV. One closet.

Everybody gets up at the same time and goes to bed at same time. Getting up to go to the bathroom during the night can be a major operation as you climb over people, stub your toe and wake evereyone up.

Remember, these rooms are about half of what your local Motel6 room in size. Actually, quite a bit less.

Sure, it can be done... but.... is it worth it? Maybe with very little ones.

We have gotten 2 oceanview connecting rooms for the Pearl in Feb. 08. It ends out that the price for 2 rooms is only @ $250 more than the 1 room for 5. We are really happy and excited and now with a connecting door it would fit my family perfectly. :)

We are a family of 5 too. We booked two cabins. The price was cheaper than booking a cabin which would hold 5 - on the Jewel - and this way we get a bit of privacy! Our cabins are adjoining. The kids are 13, 11 and 7.

Archived