Pictures?

All event schedules will be deilvered to your cabin the night before in a newsletter called "The Compass"

Also, what do you mean "schedule pictures". Do you mean setting up a separate photo session with the ship's photogs?

The backdrops are stationed all around the ships before dinner and you simply just get in line.

Go to Cruise dailies dot com. It will give you an idea but as above they will be delivered to your room the night before so that you can plan your day.

Photo opportunities abound. When you first get your room key the person there will direct you to the first one which is the Welcome Aboard shot. Done just before you step aboard the ship. On formal nights the ship will have various photo stations set up in which you just get in line to have done ( they start an hour before dinner of both sittings). They also come around during dinner and you can get a shot while dining (one night there is a Pirate shot). When you get off in different ports there will be someone there taking pics. Sometimes on certain excursions (thur ship) there will be someone with a video cam. Also during various activities around the ship the video crew will be ther.

Thanks for the responses -

Cruisinmama06 - I had no idea that you just got in a line. That answered my question.

CaptData - I'll check out that website - I just didn't know if there would be any "theme" nights.

I certainly appreciate the info.

Thanks for the responses -

Cruisinmama06 - I had no idea that you just got in a line. That answered my question.

CaptData - I'll check out that website - I just didn't know if there would be any "theme" nights.

I certainly appreciate the info.

I'm sorry, I didn't see that you said "online" lol....yes, as someone else said cruiseshipdailies.com

And there will be photo opportunities everywhere you look ;) Even on non-formal nights. The photo in my siggie with the kids against the white background was called "Casual Family Photos". I went to EVERY backdrop one year and ended up with 38 different 8x10's...lol.

What ship are you going on? You were asking about "themes"...our Freedom cruise had a 50's night and a "surf night"

Thanks for the tips everyone.

CruisinMama06 - 38 different 8 X 10s? Wow! We are sailing on Liberty the week of Thanksgiving. Do people actually dress-up for the theme?

CruisinDawn - I'll definitely print that release. I love white backgrounds too!

Thanks guys!

Kathy

There will be photographers everywhere once you get onboard. You will not be able to escape them. They stalk you. lol. You will have more opportunities for pictures than you could ever imagine. And lots of formal backdrops for formal nights pics, as well.

I don't know if Casual/Family Portraits are offered on all ships, but it is a wonderful option. We had a family portrait session on a white background, and the shots turned out great. The photographer posed us lying down facing the camera (bought that one), all 4 of us together (bought that one), and posed our 2 kids together (bought that one too!). The shots were amazing. We saw entire families posing, and some families brought matching clothing, simply in anticipation of the Casual portraits. We saw one shot of a family of at least 8, posed in a circle and taken from above, all in the very same matching Hawaiian shirts! It was so fun.

I too give my vote for the white background. This was the first time we're had the opportunity for it and like others have said, the pictures were amazing and I bought them all. Looking through other people's pictures, they were all great as well with so many fun and different poses.

You'll have the chance to have both kinds taken, then you can decide if you like one better than the other.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

Do people actually dress-up for the theme?

Not really. I mean on surf night I saw some guys in Hawaian shirts but not that many. I didn't even know that the one theme was "50's night" until I got home and saw it in the Compass. ;)

So on my cruise, no, I didn't see alot of people dressing up for the theme. But I bet it really depends from ship to ship.

Years ago it seemed people dressed up more for "theme" nights & the cruise line scheduled theme related activies.... now it seems theme night is more about what will be featured on the dinning room menu than an actual theme for the evening...or at least that's how it's seemed to me lately.....

Archived