Monday Night Football

http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/RoyalCaribbean/MarineroftheSeas/tabid/285/Default.aspx

check out your compases for your trip. Football Fans suffer on RC! my only huge gripe! We didn't notice any sports at all on Liberty 9/1 and FYI the sports bar that we enjoyed on Navigator(and probably Mariner) is not on Freedom class. you'll have to TIVO Thursday night as well!!!

http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/CruiseLines/RoyalCaribbean/MarineroftheSeas/tabid/285/Default.aspx

check out your compases for your trip. Football Fans suffer on RC! my only huge gripe! We didn't notice any sports at all on Liberty 9/1 and FYI the sports bar that we enjoyed on Navigator(and probably Mariner) is not on Freedom class. you'll have to TIVO Thursday night as well!!!

Sports on Freedom class ships can generally be found in the "On the Air" bar.

It's disappointing they eliminated the actual sports bar, but I guess when you don't offer any meaningful sports programming, why bother having a sports bar? :rolleyes:

We were able to watch both the AFC and NFC Championships on Freedom last year and are going on Liberty for the Super Bowl -- and we watch the Championship games commericial free -- when they would have a TV timeout for commericials we just watched what was going on in the stadium it was pretty cool.

I guess no commericials for the Super Bowl will be kind of sad though...

All depends on whether or not they can get ESPN, the English version. Often times the satellite they are aimed at only picking up the Spanish language version and you get to see the world's most boring sport..soccer.

IME, even when the ship has switched over to ESPN Deportes, they still carry MNF in English.

IME, even when the ship has switched over to ESPN Deportes, they still carry MNF in English.

I agree, even when I lived in Ecuador 10 years ago ESPN deportes showed what was then Sunday Night Football and had both Spanish and English feeds if your TV had SAP.

I remember being on board and waiting for the Patriots game to come on one Sunday night and becoming worried when I realized that it was on ESPN Deportes. But, as you say the game commentary was in English but the commercials were in Spanish. :) Even stranger was watching a game onboard the Jewel of the Seas while we were docked in San Juan. When there was a commercial break, the camera stayed focused on the field and we saw no commercials and no instant replays.:rolleyes: Saw the whole game and the game commentary though.

Archived