Explorer II being sold

Jade13

It seems as if twin beds for a few weeks would not be so difficult to handle - unless there is a medical problem. IMHO, not to cruise on a ship only because it has twin beds is totally ridiculous.

DON

Not everyone would agree with you and especially for this type of money. What about a couple on their honeymoon? Perhaps some do not want to sleep in a twin bed.

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful with the beds. Ours were twin beds, bolted into the walls on each side of the window. There were safety belts on the beds as well, so we could buckle ourselves in at night. The belts were bolted to the wall. Much as I love my husband, I'm glad I was belted tightly against the wall during the amazingly rough crossing of the Drake Passage. We were on the Endeavor, which is Lindblad's ship and held about 100 passengers - a perfect number as everybody could go on every landing. Once we got through the passage, the water was still as glass. We even went kayaking without fear.

Thanks for the laugh.

I have never heard of anyone being buckled into bed before, but can see how it would come in handy, after both my husband and I were lifted off our twin beds as our ferry entered the rough seas of Bass Strait.

Archived