Celebrity Pre-Cruise hotels for Galveston?

CruiserJill

Does Celebrity offer pre-cruise hotel stays in Galveston?

Am cruising Galaxy in late Janaury, and while I wouldn't book a hotel through the cruiseline, I'm curious as to which hotels they use.

Can someone provide a link from the Celebrity website? I spent an hour searching through the site a couple days ago, and couldn't find any info.

Thanks in advance!

Jill, we are on Galaxy in November and found out this week that our Celebrity package has us staying at the Hotel Galvez the night before, which is pleasing because I have heard lots of good reports about it on this board from various people. It does look a very nice, oldy worldy hotel right overlooking the sea.:cool: They may of course use others too.

Phil

Jill,

Another venue to check hotels for both pre- and post-cruise is on Travelocity. They list hotels, usually with a brief description. From there, you can go on Tripadvisor.com to check out reviews, prices, etc.

Good luck and have a great trip,

Tim

We are flying in on Dec 29th for our Dec 30th cruise. We have opted to stay near the airport and catch the shuttle first thing the next morning. We got a rate of $39 plus tax, Wyndam, near Bush through Hotwire. One of the other guys on our board got $38 plus tax near Hobby through Priceline.

I'm from the Houston area and have spent quite a lot of time in my life in Galveston. The Galvez Hotel is "historic"--meaning old. I stayed there about 8 years ago (before a remodel) and it was a bit shabby. Hopefully after the remodel it's improved. The San Luis is FABULOUS. The Wyndham is also nice. Avoid The Flagship--great concept (on a pier OVER the water) but it hasn't been remodeled since opening in the early 1960's. Galveston is a very historic city, most wonderful Victorian architecture. Take a couple of days and see the sights. Don't miss shopping on The Strand. Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...

We're using the Galvez for our March cruise. Since we're driving down from San Antonio the day before we needed a hotel for the night and my wife, having lived in Galveston as a teen, had always wanted to stay in the Galvez. The other attractive part for us was that we got a package that will allow us to leave our car at the Galvez during the cruise and they'll transport us to and from the cruise terminal. By the time I figured out what the port or one of the independent parking lots would charge for a 12 day cruise it is only costing me about $50-$60 for the stay at the Galvez.

Archived