Cruising from Liverpool

Angie1961

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Angie1961, we are on the Fred Olsen Black Prince New Year mini cruise too, we have booked our car into the YA Logistics parking compound at Liverpool Freeport. The info came with our tickets and was easy to book by telephone, if you need any more info let me know.

Camahr, regarding the nearest airport, probably Manchester if coming long haul International or maybe Liverpool otherwise, not sure about transfers as we don't know the area that well.

Happy Christmas and see you on board

Went on Black Prince mini cruise last Christmas, great little ship, however the cruise terminal must be the worst in the whole world, a portacabin in a very rundown port area. I arrived by train and got a taxi, cost about £20. Anybody using taxis, make sure you book your return trip before you go as no taxi rank when the ship arrives back. I believe they have just opened a new cruise terminal in the centre of Liverpool but is only used for ships that are visiting and not starting from Liverpool. Black Prince is a very small ship but very friendly, you will have a great time.Dennis

• 1 year later...

Hi, I notice this topic was started in December 2007, wondered if things had improved since then. Has anyone cruised from there recently who could give an update.

What are the charges for the car parking? We're on a 23 day cruise next April and trying to decide on the best way of getting there.

Hi, I notice this topic was started in December 2007, wondered if things had improved since then. Has anyone cruised from there recently who could give an update.

What are the charges for the car parking? We're on a 23 day cruise next April and trying to decide on the best way of getting there.

We cruised from Liverpool but sadly arrived in taxi. You could ring FO and i.m sure they can help ypu with the parking issue.

Hi, I have found the number for the parking at Liverpool. It is now run by Manpower Ltd not YA Logistics. The number is 0151 281 3243. The cost for our parking at Liverpool for 23 days will be £120. Not bad.

I found the number on the Fred Olsen site.:)

Hi, I have found the number for the parking at Liverpool. It is now run by Manpower Ltd not YA Logistics. The number is 0151 281 3243. The cost for our parking at Liverpool for 23 days will be £120. Not bad.

I found the number on the Fred Olsen site.:)

Glad you have the number. Thats not bad for parking it costs us £90 to travel both ways in taxi. Its food for thought for our future cruises.

Chrissy.

• 3 weeks later...

If you arrive in Langton Dock without a taxi booked, the local firm is Bootle Taxis, 0151 924 7373. They not only know how to find the cruise terminal, they will probably be cheaper than one of the Liverpool City cabs. Give them a call once you are off the ship and have got your luggage, and they should be able to get a car to you within 15 minutes. Don't ring them earlier, as you will then be paying for them to sit outside waiting for you.

Though it will not be good news for those of you leaving from Liverpool in the short term, Long term it may well be because Liverpool are currently trying to get a decision that will allow them to build Turnaround facilities so that they can attract more cruise lines there ....:)

Archived