Kids activities on Century?

Rancher Dave

Howdy CCers:

I have been looking thru existing threads and did the search things and did not find a lot of information to answer DW questions.

• How well do the kids activities on Century compare to those on RCI Navigator/Voyager- this is for our DD 7
  • Is there gourmet coffee on Centurn for DW or is it all just the buffet coffee? I figure any good coffee is probably pay. (I did see that ice cream is served for free...yum.)
  • I know that going on Century I will miss my Rock Wall...can someone give an idea of other than the pool or exercise room what activite things to do on Century? (If there is a site with good info other than X web site that link would be really appreciated.)
  • Are there CC Meet and Mingle Parties like on RCI?
  • Is there a self disembark option upon return to Miami?

Thanks X folks...I figure if I am going to go on other than RCI I'd like to make it an X cruise since I hear lots of good things about X and they are part of the same overall parent company.

I think the kid's activities on RCCI are much better in terms of what's offered. Since they are much bigger ships, they can offer much more for the kids to do, plus the fact that there are more kids on RCCI. And, if you're cruising on Century during school time, expect very few kids.

The Cova Cafe offers gourmet coffee for a price. You can order espresso from room service without a charge, but not lattes.

Go to the Roll Call boards and look up your cruise. It's called Celebrity Connections and they have them available for all cruises, IF enough passengers sign up.

I'm not sure if they offer self disembarking, but in all honesty, it's a pain. You have to lug all your stuff off with no assistance. We've thought with kids, it's just too much of a hassle. And, for the most part, we've felt that Century has very quick and early disembarking. We were one of the last groups called, and we were off the ship and in the car by 8:50.

And, if you're cruising on Century during school time, expect very few kids.

Go to the Roll Call boards and look up your cruise. It's called Celebrity Connections and they have them available for all cruises, IF enough passengers sign up.

We've thought with kids, it's just too much of a hassle.

Thanks for your info.

I was in a hurt to finist orig post and forgot to add that we are planning the Dec 29th cruise for NYE at sea and to see Grand Cayman.

I didn't really think about the extra luggage for DD and how that would impact Self Disembark...when DW and I have gone we got off quickly by Self D...but with DD I think your point about extra stuff and child to mind is well taken...we woudl just wait to get off absed on color tag. I think we are going to swing by WDW on the way home and will not go in the part on arrival day, same day we would get off Century. As such a 9am-ish get off to car woud be ok...

We have Navigator scheduled for Spring Break so DD will get to check out that huge ship then. The price difference at NYE is too big to ignore and I'd rather see Grand Cayman.

I'll look for the Connections link and see if the cruise is posted.

are good! We sailed on Infinity in 2006 and our kids were happy with the activities in the special kids area. But no rock climbing walls, it's true.

I think the food is going to be better on X, and so if that's something your kids can appreciate, it may help.

My son sailed Celebrity when he was 12. I think he made more friends than on RCL. There were less kids so they bonded together. The waiters went our of their way to entertain him at dinner. They played games with him and really made him feel special. BTW he never used the Rock Climbing wall on RCL. He did Ice Skate but fell on his head. And I saved alot of money without having a 24 hour arcade on board. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend Celebrity for kids.

I don't think they do meet and mingle get togethers on the four and five night sailings.

We were on the 5 nght Century to Grand Cayman and Key West last Easter with our family. We had several nieces and nephews with us (ages 7-15) and honestly, there wasn't a lot for kids. My niece went to the kid's get togethers and they were cancelled because other kids didn't show up.

Having said that, we still had a fabulous cruise. We all loved the Century, but next time I think we'll do one of the Freedom class ships on RCI because the kids would really enjoy that more.

Archived