$50 dollar off next cruise problems???

dprg644

I received an email (copy below) shortly after returning from our 9-2 cruise advising that if we book another cruise by a specific date that we would receive a $50 discount for being a past guest. I did book another cruise on the Conquest for a 10-26-08 sailing (was going to do it anyway but the $50 discount just made it a little sweeter) before the 10-31 deadline. The PVP told me when I booked that he did not think it applied but would check and give me the discount if he could. I read the fine print and there is no reason that I would not have qualified and printed it off and mailed it off via US Postal service to Carnival like it said. So far I have not seen or heard anything. I have not paid off the cruise but did book it with the deposit. Anyone else either received the discount or have problems getting it? When would it show up? Anything else I would need to do?

welcome_exclusive_cruise_of.gif

Carnival has designed an extra special offer exclusively for our valued past guests. Save $50* on your next cruise when you book by 10/31/2007. It's our way of saying thank you for cruising with Carnival.

welcome_exclusive_cruise_of.gif

Carnival has designed an extra special offer exclusively for our valued past guests. Save $50* on your next cruise when you book by 10/31/2007. It's our way of saying thank you for cruising with Carnival.

The * indicates there is small print which you didnt print off??

Id be curious what it says as far as conditions on the *

Could you copy the whole thing including the small print and then maybe someone could say why you were having problems.

The * indicates there is small print which you didnt print off??

Id be curious what it says as far as conditions on the *

Could you copy the whole thing including the small print and then maybe someone could say why you were having problems.

*Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Government taxes/fees are additional for all guests. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Receive $50 off per stateroom on a future sailing. Sailing must be booked within 60 days of cruise depart date. Savings is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy guests receive 1/2 the savings amount. Not combinable on restricted rate codes. Valid on category 4A and higher. Not applicable on 2 day sailings. Full deposit required at time of booking. Restrictions apply. A copy of the original email must be mailed to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami Fl. 33178-2428. Attn: Res Admin. Research Desk, Mail Stop: MSRZ-250S.

I used this when I got back in July to book my Triumph cruise. I had to print off the email and snail mail it into the address on the email. They sent me new invoices with the 50 off. I think it took a few weeks to get the new invoices.

Edited to add: I called the 800 number at carnival b/c my PVP said it wasn't applicable and like you I thought it was. The CSR at Carnival told me it was and to mail in copy of the email.

I had no problem booking a cruise with it - my PVP told me to forward the e mail; a lot easier than mailing it. It was combinable with past guest upgrades (didn't used to be) & I was also told I could have used it on another cruise I had already booked before getting the e mail.

I had no problem booking a cruise with it - my PVP told me to forward the e mail; a lot easier than mailing it. It was combinable with past guest upgrades (didn't used to be) & I was also told I could have used it on another cruise I had already booked before getting the e mail.

my pvp said i had to mail it in which i was going to do today...

*Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on category 4A. Government taxes/fees are additional for all guests. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Receive $50 off per stateroom on a future sailing. Sailing must be booked within 60 days of cruise depart date. Savings is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy guests receive 1/2 the savings amount. Not combinable on restricted rate codes. Valid on category 4A and higher. Not applicable on 2 day sailings. Full deposit required at time of booking. Restrictions apply. A copy of the original email must be mailed to: Carnival Cruise Lines, 3655 NW 87 Avenue, Miami Fl. 33178-2428. Attn: Res Admin. Research Desk, Mail Stop: MSRZ-250S.

The above might be why your PVP said this might not apply.

I dont think its good on any guarantees, not just the inside guarantee.

Both my mom and I received this email after last month's Elation sailing. We received a couple of days after I had already booked 2 more cruises. I had mentioned the possibility of these emails appearing at my time of booking and my PVP said the discount could be applied even if we had already booked. She just had me email what I received.

As of now, only one of the cruises has had the discount applied. She had told me that she had to send it over to the supervisor to take the discount. If I don't hear anything on the other one soon, I am going to contact her as my mom and I both sent our emails the same day.

I am booked 4C for one and Balcony guarantee for the other.

:D UPDATE: Well after emailing my PVP again they finally applied it to my cruise price. So I did finally get the $50 discount, minus the fuel surcharge which leaves my cruise costing $20 more before I started this. Oh well at least I got the discount, still going and still going to enjoy it :D

I think Carnival needs to clarify this or stop sending out the e-mails. I was told I could not use it on two different occasions by our PVP.
Or maybe it's time to get a new PVP. ;)

We received that e-mail last December right after we returned from our Legend cruise. We were able to use the discount in January when we booked our June Triumph cruise. I use a TA, so I just forwarded the e-mail to him and it was applied to our booking right away. He said he'd let me know if I needed to send it in via mail, but it wasn't an issue.

I emailed it, mailed it and called, but never got my $50 credit. I already sailed and didn't see an onboard credit. With my $1300 sail & sign bill, it would have been nice. :o

That's 'cause it isn't an onboard credit, it is a $50 discount on the price.

I knew about this offer before we sailed in the summer, but when we returned we never got this email offer. Doesn't seem fair to only send it out to some. I had read about it on a Carnival site. Has anyone else also not ever received it?

Archived