Best nights for Chops/Portofinos?

DH and I intend to do the formal nights in the dining room (Sunday and Wednesday, correct?) and I don't want to miss out on Lobster (Thursday night?). This is for Liberty of the Seas, eastern.

If we were to book Chops and Portofinos, what two nights would you suggest?

Thanks! :)

First, are you having tablemates? You may want to wait to meet your 'potential new friends"--sometimes they are so much fun, you won't want to leave the dining room!

I wouldn't book either restaurant after a long port day. Considering you're paying a pretty penny to dine there, you don't want to be falling asleep in your appetizer! Some excursions can be exhausting!

You can check the weekly menus when you board,so you'll know if there is a menu you'd like to miss!

as you could be the only diners & 15 waiters is great service! That is a sea day so plenty of time to be ready for whatever time you want to dine. Make reservations on the first day after lunch since they are near the buffet.

She already said she wanted to do formal night in the dining room.

We went to Portofinos on the first night last week on the Mariner.We were literally the only ones in the restaurant at 6:30PM.

It was Wonderful.We were very impressed.

Thanks for the info we will be on the Mariner in June and we were trying to figure out when to eat there. Several posters have also suggested the last night. (and yes we would still tip the dinning room staff just run it by before or after eating.)

Can anyone tell me what is being served when in the dining room? Is there a posting any where of the dining room menu for each night? Liberty of the Seas, eastern itinerary.

I suppose I'll have lots of last minute questions!

Thanks!

as you could be the only diners & 15 waiters is great service! That is a sea day so plenty of time to be ready for whatever time you want to dine. Make reservations on the first day after lunch since they are near the buffet.

That has never been our experience. We customarily go to Portofino or Chops on formal nights and there is always plenty of people in attendance there. It seems that many passngers choose formal nights to visit the premium restaurants.

But the OP specifically stated that they intended to do formal nights in the dining room.

Archived