Need your help-FAST! Aft D1 or Owners Suite

3redheads

Need your advice. Here's the situation:

Liberty-Western-cabin 1700-coveted D1 aft, size of a JS.

or

Freedom-Eastern-Owner's Suite

We got a really, really good deal on the OS. It's only $800 more than the Liberty D1.

We have 6 CA credits now. D1 only earns you 1, OS earns you 2. We love aft! Had a GS hump once, but enjoyed the aft D1 on the Mariner more.

We don't drink, so the concierge happy hour would not benefit us.

Your thoughts?

For that price difference I'd go for the OS, too - those cabins are fabulous. I normally prefer the aft cabins (JS if we can get one), but there's quite a bit of structural obstruction on the Freedom class (although there's some on the Voyager class, too, so if it didn't bother you, never mind). And the CL is more than just the cocktail hour - my favorite part is the coffeemaker, LOL!

That is a good deal! The difference in our Freedom Cruise between a GS and an OS was $1000 over a year ago - total...but was sold out anyway. An OS became available a couple of days ago - and it's now $1800 total difference, so I passed. I'd snap that up too.

Have fun!

Is this a trick question? ;) :D

Yes, if you haven't already, snap up that OS. Friends of ours stayed in the OS up from our GS. On Freedom they are all named after artists. With the OS you will now get concierge service.

For $800 from D1 - OS, that's a steal. It was $1600 between my JS to GS so I decided to let it go. For $800 I would have jumped.

Need your advice. Here's the situation:

Liberty-Western-cabin 1700-coveted D1 aft, size of a JS.

or

Freedom-Eastern-Owner's Suite

We got a really, really good deal on the OS. It's only $800 more than the Liberty D1.

We have 6 CA credits now. D1 only earns you 1, OS earns you 2. We love aft! Had a GS hump once, but enjoyed the aft D1 on the Mariner more.

We don't drink, so the concierge happy hour would not benefit us.

Your thoughts?

I'd go with the OS & make sure you get some good OBC from your TA - that's a healthy commission! ;) To me, the aft cabins are totally over-rated. I'd prefer the suite perks and more cabin square footage. JMHO.

I'm with everyone else - go for Eastern w/the OS. We were upgraded to one last year and it was fabulous! We had a GS this year which I liked too, but luckily was able to book an OS on the Mariner next fall (Eastern too) and the room alone makes me more than excited!

Archived