Need Advise??

wilson9112

I live in NY and my cruise is in Jan. I scheduled a flight to arrive at Ft.Lauderdale 9:45am the day of departure. I scheduled an early flight in case of delays (snow:eek: )! I did buy insurance in case it snows, etc. Now Im thinking its a little risky. Last year I flew in a day early but this year I'm finding that hard to do. Do most people fly in the day before? Do you think I will be okay? Just worried:confused: Can I have your opinions please!!

I live in NY and my cruise is in Jan. I scheduled a flight to arrive at Ft.Lauderdale 9:45am the day of departure. I scheduled an early flight in case of delays (snow:eek: )! I did buy insurance in case it snows, etc. Now Im thinking its a little risky. Last year I flew in a day early but this year I'm finding that hard to do. Do most people fly in the day before? Do you think I will be okay? Just worried:confused: Can I have your opinions please!!

10 cruises and you're asking this???

Not worth even the Possibility of a delay.........fly in the day before. We always do.......

OMG, now I'm nervous. This is so not like me because I am a well organized person. I ALWAYS fly the day before. The group Im going with cannot so we made these plans. Maybe I should tell them that they are on their own and meet them there & go the day before as you said:eek:

You would even consider going the day of? What if you miss the ship? You live in a state with snow. I live in MN and I am so worried about missing our ship out of LA in Feb that we are going 2 days early. And, I'm still worried! (Of course we have to use Northwest.)

You might want to nicely tell your group you'll meet them at the ship. And, you'll save $

Have a fun cruise

Susan

You would even consider going the day of? What if you miss the ship? You live in a state with snow. I live in MN and I am so worried about missing our ship out of LA in Feb that we are going 2 days early. And, I'm still worried! (Of course we have to use Northwest.)

You might want to nicely tell your group you'll meet them at the ship. And, you'll save $

Have a fun cruise

Susan

Thanks, I might do that. The only problem is that they live in Delaware and they are coming to my house the night before and sleeping here to get the flight. I'm upset now. I always schedule myself correctly but now that others are involved it flipped my entire routine:mad:

Thanks, I might do that. The only problem is that they live in Delaware and they are coming to my house the night before and sleeping here to get the flight. I'm upset now. I always schedule myself correctly but now that others are involved it flipped my entire routine:mad:

Can you leave the key under the front door mat?? :)

We also live in the snowbelt and go 2 days early.

My 2 cents ... I would change my air to the day before sailing. Explain it to the rest of the group and offer to mail them a key to your house (if you're comfortable with that arrangement) or, alternately, suggest they consider a hotel the night before the cruise, as their stay with you no longer fits your plans. No reason for you to miss the ship due to someone else's time constraints.

We also live in the snowbelt and go 2 days early.

My 2 cents ... I would change my air to the day before sailing. Explain it to the rest of the group and offer to mail them a key to your house (if you're comfortable with that arrangement) or, alternately, suggest they consider a hotel the night before the cruise, as their stay with you no longer fits your plans. No reason for you to miss the ship due to someone else's time constraints.

I just checked the airlines and as I was speaking the price went up, the cheap seats were taken. I called my friend and they dont want to pay more:mad: They said now all their plans are messed up. We also are sharing a limo that we have scheduled to pick us up at the airport. This stinks!

Hello,

Will everyone just calm down. I would tell my friends that they should fly the day before but if this is absolutely not possible then find a red eye that gets you to Florida as early as possible the day of your cruise. Southwest uses the BW airport so they may be some flights there for your Delaware friends. You can check the travel search engines for flights to Florida from JFK, La Guardia, Newark as well as Long Island. You also have a choice of three airports in Florida (Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Miami) and three outside possibilities (car rentals from Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa) if necessary.

Remember, Southwest Airlines is very good at allowing changes...you cannot get your money back but they allow you to put the money toward future air travel.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Hello,

Will everyone just calm down. I would tell my friends that they should fly the day before but if this is absolutely not possible then find a red eye that gets you to Florida as early as possible the day of your cruise. Southwest uses the BW airport so they may be some flights there for your Delaware friends. You can check the travel search engines for flights to Florida from JFK, La Guardia, Newark as well as Long Island. You also have a choice of three airports in Florida (Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Miami) and three outside possibilities (car rentals from Orlando, Jacksonville, and Tampa) if necessary.

Remember, Southwest Airlines is very good at allowing changes...you cannot get your money back but they allow you to put the money toward future air travel.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Southwest also uses the Philadelphia airport, which is closer to Wilmington/Newark/n. Del. than BWI is. I fly into either one going to Wilmington, depending on the schedule and fares.

Oh well, no one seems to want to change the plans including my DH. I shoiuld have set this correct from the beginning. Ok, I have to cross my fingers on this one. Wish me luck, Im sticking with the plan:mad: Thanks for everyones help. Believe me, I will still be working on this one!:D

I am flying in Jan. out of Philly and going a day early just in case.

However, since you have your plans already set with your group and no one can change, just try to relax and not worry about it. After all, our winters have been pretty mild for the most part lately. :) Chances are that everything will be just fine!

Several days before your cruise, start watching the weather patterns and forecasts, and if it looks like there's a big one coming, then alert your friends and get yourselves south. The extra expense, if it comes to that, will still be better than missing the boat!

Have a great trip!

I am flying in Jan. out of Philly and going a day early just in case.

However, since you have your plans already set with your group and no one can change, just try to relax and not worry about it. After all, our winters have been pretty mild for the most part lately. :) Chances are that everything will be just fine!

Several days before your cruise, start watching the weather patterns and forecasts, and if it looks like there's a big one coming, then alert your friends and get yourselves south. The extra expense, if it comes to that, will still be better than missing the boat!

Have a great trip!

Thanks, not a bad idea! If I see snow is coming, I can try to get another flight or even drive 24hours. Ive done that before anyway. Your right. Im going crazy here but that seems the best thing to do! Thanks alot!:D

Archived