Audio Books

LynnAB

I can't get Conroy out of my head, will get another of his audio books early next week.

Jim,

I am only on Disk 2, but I'm realizing NOW why Pat Conroy has always been soooo popular. He is absolutely amazing. I am soooooo glad I am LISTENING to Beach Music. I feel this is the best way to do justice to this book and pictures Conroy paints with words. Wow, he's fantastic!!!

Jim,

I am only on Disk 2, but I'm realizing NOW why Pat Conroy has always been soooo popular. He is absolutely amazing. I am soooooo glad I am LISTENING to Beach Music. I feel this is the best way to do justice to this book and pictures Conroy paints with words. Wow, he's fantastic!!!

I agree, especially with the comment on how he paints pictures with his words....good call.

I agree, especially with the comment on how he paints pictures with his words....good call.

Right now Conroy has transported me to Italy, and I'm loving every minute. I just need to drive around more so I can listen more. I'm torn between Kindle and audiobooks, but I'm not complaining. This is a nice spot to be in, actually ... the best of both worlds.

How are you doing with your Sony ereader? Gosh! Now we have to discuss audiobooks AND book books.

I need a cruise so I can relax in a lounge chair and read/listen/read ....

Right now Conroy has transported me to Italy, and I'm loving every minute. I just need to drive around more so I can listen more. I'm torn between Kindle and audiobooks, but I'm not complaining. This is a nice spot to be in, actually ... the best of both worlds.

How are you doing with your Sony ereader? Gosh! Now we have to discuss audiobooks AND book books.

I need a cruise so I can relax in a lounge chair and read/listen/read ....

It's been slow. Been extremely busy and want to get to know a a little before I download something. We have been away last weekend and again this weekend. Hopefully, I can play with it next week and really get into it.

Yeah your right that is lots to discuss...... but fun:)

Just got Beach Music to day. Third in line but will get to it soon. Just finished Ten Thousand Islands by Randy Wayne White, I really enjoy his books. About 1/3 thru Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reich and have one waiting by Michael Connelley called Darkness more than light.

Just got Beach Music to day. Third in line but will get to it soon. Just finished Ten Thousand Islands by Randy Wayne White, I really enjoy his books. About 1/3 thru Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reich and have one waiting by Michael Connelley called Darkness more than light.

Oh, that's great, Jim. You'll probably be listening to Beach Music when I am. I'm still at the beginning because I haven't had a lot of time to listen. I will soon, though. I really, really like the book!!!

Oh, that's great, Jim. You'll probably be listening to Beach Music when I am. I'm still at the beginning because I haven't had a lot of time to listen. I will soon, though. I really, really like the book!!!

I am downloading his most recent (drawing a blank on the title right now) for my Sony Ebook this evening.

I am downloading his most recent (drawing a blank on the title right now) for my Sony Ebook this evening.

South of Broad :)

I have that on audio, which I can't get to until after Beach Music. I have plenty to keep me going for awhile. Yeah!!!

I haven't been reporting on my Kindle reading because I'm reading really fluffy books. At least I'm keeping my mind active with Beach Music <g>.

South of Broad :)

I have that on audio, which I can't get to until after Beach Music. I have plenty to keep me going for awhile. Yeah!!!

I haven't been reporting on my Kindle reading because I'm reading really fluffy books. At least I'm keeping my mind active with Beach Music <g>.

I just want to get something I want to read down to my Sony Ebook to really try it out....

I just want to get something I want to read down to my Sony Ebook to really try it out....

That's an excellent idea. I can't wait to hear how you like your Sony after you get used to it. Some people say it takes a bit to get used to an ereader. I didn't find that at all. It was love at first book with me. I absolutely LOVE increasing the font size, not having a hard time sometimes reading text close to the spine, not having to hold a heavy book when it's a long one.

I think you're going to be very, very happy!!! I can't wait for your review!!!

Just finished two audio books. Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs and A Darkness more than night by Michael Connelly. Enjoyed both. About an hour into Beach Music. Love Conroy's use of Italy and how he brings you over there with him. Reminds me of Grisham in Playing for Pizza and The Broker.

Just finished two audio books. Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs and A Darkness more than night by Michael Connelly. Enjoyed both. About an hour into Beach Music. Love Conroy's use of Italy and how he brings you over there with him. Reminds me of Grisham in Playing for Pizza and The Broker.

You are soooooooooooo ahead of me, Jim. I have to get listening more ... hopefully this weekend. It's crazy but I haven't been driving all that much lately, and when I have I've been busy dealing with business stuff on the phone. I need time for me and my reading.

Isn't Conroy's imagery in Italy wonderful? That's one of the reasons I would rather HEAR this book than just read it. He definitely transports you to Italy as you listen. He has me wanting to go to Venice <g>.

You are soooooooooooo ahead of me, Jim. I have to get listening more ... hopefully this weekend. It's crazy but I haven't been driving all that much lately, and when I have I've been busy dealing with business stuff on the phone. I need time for me and my reading.

Isn't Conroy's imagery in Italy wonderful? That's one of the reasons I would rather HEAR this book than just read it. He definitely transports you to Italy as you listen. He has me wanting to go to Venice <g>.

Ahhh wait you will feel the same about Rome also. Been to both once and it so makes me want to return....SOON.

I was thinking of getting the Connelly audio for my cruise, but my other audio came in. :) Have to wait 'til I get back for that one. Beach Music really does transport you to Italy.

Catch you al on the return.

Cindy the libararian

I was thinking of getting the Connelly audio for my cruise, but my other audio came in. :) Have to wait 'til I get back for that one. Beach Music really does transport you to Italy.

Catch you al on the return.

Cindy the libararian

Hi, Cindy,

Have a WONDERFUL cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you going to read?

Haven't had a chance to read all the posts here but I have been downloading audiobooks from my local library onto my ipod nano.

I think most states have the audiobook setup thru your local library - all you need is a member card & computer. Add it is FREE.

I walk to work and the walk goes faster when you get into a book.

I cruise in 1-1/2 weeks and have my audiobooks all downloaded & ready.

Haven't had a chance to read all the posts here but I have been downloading audiobooks from my local library onto my ipod nano.

I think most states have the audiobook setup thru your local library - all you need is a member card & computer. Add it is FREE.

I walk to work and the walk goes faster when you get into a book.

I cruise in 1-1/2 weeks and have my audiobooks all downloaded & ready.

Hi, Marcia,

Welcome! What types of books do you enjoy the most, and do you have any recommendations? We love to share ideas here with our little group.

Oooooh. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Cruising in less than 5 weeks and thinking about audiobooks. Never listened to one before, as I actually like to read.

Mostly I just was browsing here, and had to add a post so it wouldn't stay at post 666 hahahah

I think most of us here like to read read, too ... but I for one have become addicted to good audiobooks when they have a great narrator. They can make the book come to life, but the benefit of being able to listen to a book while driving, working around the house, exercising on my elliptical, etc., etc. make audiobooks a FANTASTIC addition/supplement to my reading experience.

I used to think I would NEVER want to listen to a book, but wow, was I wrong. It's amazing! You might want to give it a try one of these days.

Lynn is right I love to pick up a good book and read, but there is only so much time to sit down and read and soooooo many books I would like to read so I listen to books when working at my torch or doing housework. I feel like I am getting two things done at the same time! Besides before the written word stories were passed on verbally. So we are following a time honored tradition by listening to books.;)

Lynn is right I love to pick up a good book and read, but there is only so much time to sit down and read and soooooo many books I would like to read so I listen to books when working at my torch or doing housework. I feel like I am getting two things done at the same time! Besides before the written word stories were passed on verbally. So we are following a time honored tradition by listening to books.;)

And if I could add to GlassBeagles remarks, sometimes, listening to an audio book can actually enhance the experience. I think you would find we are all readers in addition to the love we have for audio books.

Wow!!! That is something I haven't even thought about. You're right. Stories used to be VERBAL. I also find listening to a story very soothing. Maybe I'm regressing to my childhood, but I love it <g>.

And if I could add to GlassBeagles remarks, sometimes, listening to an audio book can actually enhance the experience. I think you would find we are all readers in addition to the love we have for audio books.

I wondered about whether or now audiobook lovers were readers. I guess I never really tried because I only drive 10 minutes to work (hate the car so long car rides never happen) and usually listen to music when doing house work etc.

I'm going to give it a try. Any suggestions for a first timer? Should I listen to a book I love (like Harry Potter) or something entirely new?