Audio Books

LynnAB

Hi, Jim,

I just started listening to True Believer (Nicholas Sparks) in the car yesterday. I like it already!

I'm trying to READ the Oprah give-away, Let The Great World Spin. I know it has GREAT reviews, but so far it's just "not me." We'll see.

I just finished READING A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which I loved, loved, loved. I know I'll want to re-read it some day, but now I'm thinking about LISTENING to it one of these days as well for a different perspective. No wonder that book is a classic!

How are YOU doing? Have a GREAT Friday.

Lynn

Just got back yesterday from a cruise. Got home at 4:00 AM this morning, so I am not running on all cylinders today. Wow, a tree grows in Brooklyn. Weird, picked up the audio version at the library to look at 2 weeks ago. Did not end up signing it out, altho I may reconsider. Was my first really adult book read as a teen. Great book!!

Just got back yesterday from a cruise. Got home at 4:00 AM this morning, so I am not running on all cylinders today. Wow, a tree grows in Brooklyn. Weird, picked up the audio version at the library to look at 2 weeks ago. Did not end up signing it out, altho I may reconsider. Was my first really adult book read as a teen. Great book!!

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was MY "first really adult book read as a teen," too. I liked it a LOT back then. My mother had told me it was her favorite book when she read it, which I'm guessing was in her 20s. I would highly recommend that you listen to this book at this point in "our" lives. It's a whole different experience than reading it as a teenager. I got a lot more out of the book this time around. Now I really understand why this book is a CLASSIC. It's am amazing story!

Now ... you just got off a CRUISE? Oh, I see! The Mexican Riviera? Wowwwww!!!! How nice. Did you have a great time? Any special stories to share? I want to go on another cruise <g>.

Hi guys!

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise Jim, hope you had a great time!

Hummm A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, I just shelved a copy yesterday and was thinking I should add it to my to be read list.

Haven't had much chance for reading lately some staff changes at the store have had me working a lot more hours and I am trying to get a couple of jewelry shipments out. I'm still reading The Eyre Affair and realize I want to read Jane Eyre again plus find Fford's next book. Apparently he also writes a mystery series set in fairytale land. I'm listening to The Fortune Tellers Daughter, it's enjoyable but so far not what I would call a great read.

Had a great time on the cruise. We were in a group of 45, extended family and friends. Flew out on Sat, stayed on the Queen Mary. While she is old, everyone loved the ship (the QM).

Three stops on the cruise, Puerto Vallarta. Mazatlan and Cabo. Loved all three ports (did this cruise a couple of years ago on a different ship). SO we did day passes to a couple of resorts and enjoyed the beaches. Had all of our kids (four daughters and their families and significant others) except for my son who could not get the time off. Also had our two little grand daughters and LOVED being with them all week.

Hey guys, just finished an audio book by Louise Penny, A Rule against Murder. It was good, seems to be a series and I caught the most current one. Anyone else read any of her books?

No, I haven't ... but you can be sure I'm going to check her out. Thanks!

I just finished Twenties Girl on my Kindle and enjoyed it a LOT ... although it's definitely a girl's book, I would say.

And .... I'm getting close to the end of True Believer on my Cowon in the car <g>. Very good!!!

No, I haven't ... but you can be sure I'm going to check her out. Thanks!

I just finished Twenties Girl on my Kindle and enjoyed it a LOT ... although it's definitely a girl's book, I would say.

And .... I'm getting close to the end of True Believer on my Cowon in the car <g>. Very good!!!

Then you will need to move on to At First Sight which is the sequel.

Then you will need to move on to At First Sight which is the sequel.

Yes, I have At First Sight all ready to listen to <g>.

I'm reading a few books on my Kindle, too ... including My Life in France by Julia Child. I'm in that cozy/homey mode, too.

Yes, I have At First Sight all ready to listen to <g>.

I'm reading a few books on my Kindle, too ... including My Life in France by Julia Child. I'm in that cozy/homey mode, too.

Julia Child, just the mention of her name brings to mind her very unique looks and voice.

I've just finished listening to (after having read the series) Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry who was the narrator for the movie "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" - the new one, he's also a fairly well-know British actor. They were awesome! You'd swear his rendition of Hagrid's voice is straight out of the movie. For the past few months I've been listening to these books on the way to and from work in the car and several times I found myself sitting in the driveway unable to will myself out of the car!

I've just finished listening to (after having read the series) Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry who was the narrator for the movie "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" - the new one, he's also a fairly well-know British actor. They were awesome! You'd swear his rendition of Hagrid's voice is straight out of the movie. For the past few months I've been listening to these books on the way to and from work in the car and several times I found myself sitting in the driveway unable to will myself out of the car!

I have all th Harry Potter audio books in my "To Be Listened to" list. I can't wait go through the whole series. It's just there are "Too many books and too little time." I have soooooooooooooo many books I want to read and listen to that it's driving me crazy, although a good kind of crazy. I love, love, love books and escaping to different worlds other than driving to and from work and sitting in traffic <g>.

If you have any other suggestions, our little group is comprised of major book lovers, too ... so feel free to jump in with suggestions or just to talk about books in general.

Lynn

I saw Julie & Julia last week and loved it, so I am now reading, My Life In France. Currently I am listening to Rosie Dunn by Cecelia Ahern, you follow the life of Rosie through a series of letters, e-mails, instant messages and such it is really well done, I'll be looking for other books by her. Ta ta for now!:D

I saw Julie & Julia last week and loved it, so I am now reading, My Life In France. Currently I am listening to Rosie Dunn by Cecelia Ahern, you follow the life of Rosie through a series of letters, e-mails, instant messages and such it is really well done, I'll be looking for other books by her. Ta ta for now!:D

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks again for all of the G2 you gave me for Long Beach. Much appreciated.

Oh, I loved Rosie Dunn. I read that "way back when," when I was reading book books <g>.

And I've just started My Life in France, too! I want to see the movie!!!

SO....is that a good OMG or a bad OMG??????

That's a really, really GOOD OMG, but I did NOT see that ending coming at all.

A few people have been recommending South of Broad and Beach Music (Pat Conroy) to me. I haven't read or listened to either. Have you? Any opinions?

That's a really, really GOOD OMG, but I did NOT see that ending coming at all.

A few people have been recommending South of Broad and Beach Music (Pat Conroy) to me. I haven't read or listened to either. Have you? Any opinions?

Yeah I know....I loved it. Did not see it coming either. I have not heard of these ...or the author. I will put them on the list to listen too.

Yeah I know....I loved it. Did not see it coming either. I have not heard of these ...or the author. I will put them on the list to listen too.

Pat Conroy is the author of Prince of Tides. You might have heard of that one. South of Broad is his new book and has great reviews. Beach Music I've read reviews on, and supposedly that is even better. We'll see. I'm getting both of them (hopefully) from my library (audio books).

Pat Conroy is the author of Prince of Tides. You might have heard of that one. South of Broad is his new book and has great reviews. Beach Music I've read reviews on, and supposedly that is even better. We'll see. I'm getting both of them (hopefully) from my library (audio books).

Hey good call. I am going tomorrow and will see if I can get them as well. Thanks

Hey good call. I am going tomorrow and will see if I can get them as well. Thanks

That would be great! Then we could share opinions. I put a hold on both audiobooks. Beach Music is on its way to my closest library, but South of Broad is still pending. I'll let you know when I get whichever.

That would be great! Then we could share opinions. I put a hold on both audiobooks. Beach Music is on its way to my closest library, but South of Broad is still pending. I'll let you know when I get whichever.

same here, have not gone online, as I have to return two audio books today anyway. Will let you know how I make out.

same here, have not gone online, as I have to return two audio books today anyway. Will let you know how I make out.

Sounds good. I just checked and mine are not at the library yet. Maybe today. I'll keep checking.