Audio Books

LynnAB

Being a forensic nurse for 21 years, I must confess I like all those type

books...and the detective things...Jeffrey Deaver, Patricia Cornwell,

James Patterson, Ridley Pearson - even my colleague, Eileen Dreyer. I

like others, though - Lisa See, Nicholas Sparks, different things at different times. Carl Hiassen, for a touch of humor. I can't ever be in

the car without a book on tape. I rarely read at home because I'm on the

computer or writing poetry....latest one -

Returning From the Library

An afternoon well spent,

In avid search of books,

From myriad various stacks,

And hidden little nooks.

I’m anxious to get home,

My treasures to peruse,

Viewing all the volumes,

Which one will I first choose?

For two weeks I will be,

Enmeshed in many tasks,

Mastering Balinese cooking,

Illustrated by exotic masks.

I have the new bestseller,

A favorite mystery sleuth,

Who keeps me waiting breathless,

As he searches for the truth.

I’ve a book on herbal medicine,

I hope that I can learn,

To halt the aging process,

And help my youth return!

There’s a travel volume,

With scenes of glorious Greece,

And a book of meditations,

To help find inner peace.

That will keep me busy,

But if I need a few days more,

I can do online renewal,

Without walking out my door!

Carmen Henesy

Copyright © 2009 Carmen Henesy. All Rights Reserved

I have not heard of Ridley Person, can you tell us more?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have taken a lot of cruises!!!!!!

Long story ... Yes, we had to cancel since my husband started a new job and couldn't plan on taking off at the beginning of May. We're kind of up in the air right now are to WHEN and ON WHAT we're going to cruise. Sigh! Hopefully SOMETHING this year. I'm going cruise crazy.

Not to poke my nose in where it does not belong , but maybe you could get into a 3 day cruise, they are so cheap right now!!! (I have seen some for $155/person) Just to keep the juices flowing!!

Jim

Not to poke my nose in where it does not belong , but maybe you could get into a 3 day cruise, they are so cheap right now!!! (I have seen some for $155/person) Just to keep the juices flowing!!

Jim

I know, Jim! We're thinking about that, too. We're in the analysis mode right now <lol>.

I just checked and saw The Divide is IN at my library. I may have to stop there today. Hmmmm!

I know, Jim! We're thinking about that, too. We're in the analysis mode right now <lol>.

I just checked and saw The Divide is IN at my library. I may have to stop there today. Hmmmm!

Go for it. It is good, a little different. Does deal with Murder but not the kind of stuff that grosses you out. Also does a good job on relationships, breaking up moving on....any more detail and I might ruin it for you.

Jim

Go for it. It is good, a little different. Does deal with Murder but not the kind of stuff that grosses you out. Also does a good job on relationships, breaking up moving on....any more detail and I might ruin it for you.

Jim

Well, Jim ... I never got to the library, but I did start reading The Godwulf Manuscript by Robert B. Parker on my Kindle. I'm loving it already as I like Parker's writing style. Thank you recommending this author many moons ago <g>.

Are you packing? Have a wonderful weekend!

Lynn

Being a forensic nurse for 21 years, I must confess I like all those type

books...and the detective things...Jeffrey Deaver, Patricia Cornwell,

James Patterson, Ridley Pearson - even my colleague, Eileen Dreyer. I

like others, though - Lisa See, Nicholas Sparks, different things at different times. Carl Hiassen, for a touch of humor. I can't ever be in

the car without a book on tape. I rarely read at home because I'm on the

computer or writing poetry....latest one -

Returning From the Library

An afternoon well spent,

In avid search of books,

From myriad various stacks,

And hidden little nooks.

I’m anxious to get home,

My treasures to peruse,

Viewing all the volumes,

Which one will I first choose?

For two weeks I will be,

Enmeshed in many tasks,

Mastering Balinese cooking,

Illustrated by exotic masks.

I have the new bestseller,

A favorite mystery sleuth,

Who keeps me waiting breathless,

As he searches for the truth.

I’ve a book on herbal medicine,

I hope that I can learn,

To halt the aging process,

And help my youth return!

There’s a travel volume,

With scenes of glorious Greece,

And a book of meditations,

To help find inner peace.

That will keep me busy,

But if I need a few days more,

I can do online renewal,

Without walking out my door!

Carmen Henesy

Copyright © 2009 Carmen Henesy. All Rights Reserved

Hi, Carmen,

I LOVE YOUR POEM!!! I write, too ... light romances. I've come close to getting published but not close enough yet <g>.

I see you are a RCCL fanatic. My family is, too, although we haven't been on enough cruises yet. There are never enough in our opinion. Navigator is one of our favorite ships, and I see you sailed the Transatlantic. That is a dream of ours. Hopefully one of these days.

Please keep posting on this board. I think you'll find we're a great little group and have a lot of similar interests.

Lynn

Do you think it is only a woman's book to read or cross gender (after writing that I am not sure I could defend it....but you know what I mean)? Where are you going on your 3 day cruise? I assume the Monkeyhead cruise is a cruise critic cruise?

Jim

First I would say yes it is cross gender, definitely not a bodice ripper.

We will be heading down to Ensanda for our 3 day. We will probably go to La Bufadora and then stop in town at a certain wine boutique so I can pick up a couple of gallons of my favorite olive oil. We decided that we would take our kids on separate vacations this year. So we are taking our DD on a 3 day cruise and then we will take our son up to Santa Ynez. For him it is mostly about the food for DH & I it's about the wine.

Actually the MonkeyHead Cruise is a group of people that met on the Carnival Connections site. We have been around since Feb. of last year and have been planning on doing a cruise just about that long. We decided we wanted to "christen" a new ship and decided on the Dream. We talked about the maiden voyage of the Dream but flying to Europe was just out of the question!! So we took a poll and decided early in 2010 would be a good time. It would allow people to save up for the cruise and associated travel. It worked out well for DH & I since we will be celebrating our 20th anniverary in Dec., this will be our present to each other. For DH & I and a few other couples we will be doing a B2B with the first half in the Western Caribbean and the second half in the Eastern Caribbean. Many will be doing either one week or the other. You should check us out at Carnival Connections we even have our own board! All are welcome, it is a great group!!

Well, Jim ... I never got to the library, but I did start reading The Godwulf Manuscript by Robert B. Parker on my Kindle. I'm loving it already as I like Parker's writing style. Thank you recommending this author many moons ago <g>.

Are you packing? Have a wonderful weekend!

Lynn

All packed and ready to rumble..... I have not read/listened to that one. Let me know how you like it. Thanks

Jim

First I would say yes it is cross gender, definitely not a bodice ripper.

We will be heading down to Ensanda for our 3 day. We will probably go to La Bufadora and then stop in town at a certain wine boutique so I can pick up a couple of gallons of my favorite olive oil. We decided that we would take our kids on separate vacations this year. So we are taking our DD on a 3 day cruise and then we will take our son up to Santa Ynez. For him it is mostly about the food for DH & I it's about the wine.

Actually the MonkeyHead Cruise is a group of people that met on the Carnival Connections site. We have been around since Feb. of last year and have been planning on doing a cruise just about that long. We decided we wanted to "christen" a new ship and decided on the Dream. We talked about the maiden voyage of the Dream but flying to Europe was just out of the question!! So we took a poll and decided early in 2010 would be a good time. It would allow people to save up for the cruise and associated travel. It worked out well for DH & I since we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in Dec., this will be our present to each other. For DH & I and a few other couples we will be doing a B2B with the first half in the Western Caribbean and the second half in the Eastern Caribbean. Many will be doing either one week or the other. You should check us out at Carnival Connections we even have our own board! All are welcome, it is a great group!!

Thanks for the input on the book, not heard the gender thing quite described that way b4 LOL. I do so love wine as well. Happy anniversary (in advance). Back to back sounds like so much fun! Lynn, who started this blog did one last year (I think at least). Love the name monkey heads! Where is the carnival connections site? on here or a whole different web site?

Jim

Thanks for the input on the book, not heard the gender thing quite described that way b4 LOL. I do so love wine as well. Happy anniversary (in advance). Back to back sounds like so much fun! Lynn, who started this blog did one last year (I think at least). Love the name monkey heads! Where is the carnival connections site? on here or a whole different web site?

Jim

Yes, Jim ... I did a b2b on RCCL Liberty of the Seas last May. It was unbelievably wonderful. It takes the stress out of running around the ship like crazy people trying to do everything ... or is that just ME? It was great, though, on the last night of the first week knowing we didn't have to pack and think about getting off the ship the next day. It was soooooooooooooooooo special.

You sound so ready to cruise (or rumble). Have a great time, and enjoy this gorgeous weather here in Miami. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow when I drive near the port and have to go to WORK <lol>. Sigh! Seriously, ENJOY every minute.

Lynn

Back to back sounds like so much fun! Lynn, who started this blog did one last year (I think at least). Love the name monkey heads! Where is the carnival connections site? on here or a whole different web site?

Jim

If you go to the Carnival website and scroll down to the bottom you will find "Customer Help and Support" listed under that you will find "Community Support Forums" click on that and it will take you to Carnival Connections. Scroll down until you see User Groups and you will find the Coconut MonkeyHead Wasters Club. The group started when someone posted Don't Do It and said they had a terrible cruise and not to waste money on a Carnival Cruise. When they wouldn't explain why it was a bad cruise a new thread was started, Let's Do It where everyone defended Carnival and it just swelled from there. You would be more than welcome to join us!!:D

Yes, Jim ... I did a b2b on RCCL Liberty of the Seas last May. It was unbelievably wonderful. It takes the stress out of running around the ship like crazy people trying to do everything ... or is that just ME? It was great, though, on the last night of the first week knowing we didn't have to pack and think about getting off the ship the next day. It was soooooooooooooooooo special.

You sound so ready to cruise (or rumble). Have a great time, and enjoy this gorgeous weather here in Miami. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow when I drive near the port and have to go to WORK <lol>. Sigh! Seriously, ENJOY every minute.

Lynn

We did enjoy it. I have to say that a three day cruise is much different than a seven day. It was 11 years since I was last on this ship. Different perspective on size service etc, but had a great time.

JIm

We did enjoy it. I have to say that a three day cruise is much different than a seven day. It was 11 years since I was last on this ship. Different perspective on size service etc, but had a great time.

JIm

Hi, Jim,

I was thinking about your cruise last weekend. I hope you had a great time.

I've been slaving away while you've been cruising ... just working. Well ... and reading. I finished the first Robert Parker book. Very good! I just started his second one, GOD SAVE THE CHILD. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm still listening to THE LOST RECIPE FOR HAPPINESS, which I'm also liking a LOT.

Have you read anything special?

Hi, Jim,

I was thinking about your cruise last weekend. I hope you had a great time.

I've been slaving away while you've been cruising ... just working. Well ... and reading. I finished the first Robert Parker book. Very good! I just started his second one, GOD SAVE THE CHILD. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm still listening to THE LOST RECIPE FOR HAPPINESS, which I'm also liking a LOT.

Have you read anything special?

No, I actually had downloaded two books for the cruise on a new MP3 player I had picked up at the last minute. Should have spent more time with them as I must have screwed up the download. They are there but i could not get it to work.

To top that off, I had purchased the new Grisham book (at least new to me) The Associate and forgot it!!!!

SO its been a book free week. Kind of Jonesing for a good one.

No, I actually had downloaded two books for the cruise on a new MP3 player I had picked up at the last minute. Should have spent more time with them as I must have screwed up the download. They are there but i could not get it to work.

To top that off, I had purchased the new Grisham book (at least new to me) The Associate and forgot it!!!!

SO its been a book free week. Kind of Jonesing for a good one.

WOW! That's my worst nightmare come true <g>. I always figure WHAT IF my technology doesn't work? That might force me to read a REAL book <g>.

So ... confess ... what kind of MP3 player did you get? Anything exciting???

WOW! That's my worst nightmare come true <g>. I always figure WHAT IF my technology doesn't work? That might force me to read a REAL book <g>.

So ... confess ... what kind of MP3 player did you get? Anything exciting???

No kind of bland actually. My old one was acting funny, so its just a 6 gig sandisk. Tried to download using the same formula (same brand so same download procedure ....right/ wrong). Have not had a chance to try it again yet. But will follow directions this time :-)

Jim

No kind of bland actually. My old one was acting funny, so its just a 6 gig sandisk. Tried to download using the same formula (same brand so same download procedure ....right/ wrong). Have not had a chance to try it again yet. But will follow directions this time :-)

Jim

That is definitely a guy thing ... to fall back on directions when all else fails <g>. I start out with the directions because I figure I don't stand a chance if I don't read and follow along. Of course, with computers and electronics, both systems generally fail on the first few go rounds. I usually end up screaming and frustrated <lol>.

That is definitely a guy thing ... to fall back on directions when all else fails <g>. I start out with the directions because I figure I don't stand a chance if I don't read and follow along. Of course, with computers and electronics, both systems generally fail on the first few go rounds. I usually end up screaming and frustrated <lol>.

To make it worse, I procrastinated and waited until the night before our early flight to download the book. The saw that it appeared to be downloaded but did not open it (test listen). I was pretty ticked off when sitting down on the plane and turning it on and nothing was there.....lol

Jim

Well we are back from our cruise, didn't get to read as much as I had planned but that's OK we were having fun. Jim, I am currently listening to The Associate and I am enjoying it. I am reading Double Cross, it is one that I can't wait to see how it ends but I don't want it to end! I think I will be reading Tribute by Nora Roberts next. Don't know yet what I'll listen to.

Well we are back from our cruise, didn't get to read as much as I had planned but that's OK we were having fun. Jim, I am currently listening to The Associate and I am enjoying it. I am reading Double Cross, it is one that I can't wait to see how it ends but I don't want it to end! I think I will be reading Tribute by Nora Roberts next. Don't know yet what I'll listen to.

Is Michael Beck the narrator in The Associate?

• 2 weeks later...

Audible.com is the best website for listening to book. I use an i-pod nano 8G...I have NEVER filled it up. I have about 50 songs and during one trip I had 27 books (Including Outlander which is 40 hours long) on it.

It will start where you stopped on a book. You can leave and return as many times as you want and it will keep your spot. Easy to go forward and backward as well. One of the best features is that you can charge it from the electrical plug...no batteries. It is so small I slip it into my bra as I am listening.

Audible has books divided into catagories. Most of them have reviews you can see. This isn't a cheap hobby, books cost about $10, but so does a book you hold. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Enjoy:D