NYC hotel providing long term parking

aldaoust

Hello,

We are sailing out of New York on March 8, 2008 and will be staying in NYC for one day post-cruise. I`ve checked around and noticed that a few hotels in the EWR area as well as the LGA area offer park and fly rates but find these hotels are little far from the pier. Maybe it`s just me? I was looking at hotels in the North Bergen and Secaucus areas of New Jersey that are very close to either the Lincoln or Holland tunnels but none of them offer long term parking. Any other suggestions?

:confused:

Thanks for any help provided!

You can find lots over by the Javits Center that offer parking for about $25 for day for your post cruise parking. Otherwise I would just park at the pier.

Park at the pier during the cruise and find a lot close to your hotel that you can park at while in Manhattan.

http://nycgarages.com/

This compares parking prices in Manhattan.

Hello,

We are sailing out of New York on March 8, 2008 and will be staying in NYC for one day post-cruise. I`ve checked around and noticed that a few hotels in the EWR area as well as the LGA area offer park and fly rates but find these hotels are little far from the pier. Maybe it`s just me? I was looking at hotels in the North Bergen and Secaucus areas of New Jersey that are very close to either the Lincoln or Holland tunnels but none of them offer long term parking. Any other suggestions?

EWR and LGA really aren't that far from the piers...EWR is probably closer....you'd want to check into a car service since it would probably be cheaper than a taxi.......(NJ Cabs can't pick up fares in NYC and NY cabs can't pick up fares in NJ so they usually charge meter plus 15 bucks plus tolls plus tip....that is why people sometimes use public transit-at least into NYC)

you won't find any 'deals' on parking in NYC! :D

EWR and LGA really aren't that far from the piers...EWR is probably closer....you'd want to check into a car service since it would probably be cheaper than a taxi.......(NJ Cabs can't pick up fares in NYC and NY cabs can't pick up fares in NJ so they usually charge meter plus 15 bucks plus tolls plus tip....that is why people sometimes use public transit-at least into NYC)

you won't find any 'deals' on parking in NYC! :D

? Is 25-30 from/to lga. It is 60 or so from ewr and $70 or so back from the pier. The authorized Fare from the pier to EWR is meter plus $15.00 plus toll and tip....the fare from EWR to the cruise terminal is set at $45 plus tolls and tip..

you can see the NYC to EWR rate at http://www.nyc.gov/tlc and the EWR to the piers uses to be findable at http://www.nynjpa.gov under ground transportation EWR cabs

Cabs/taxis limos are public transporation(they transport the public) they aren't however mass transit but with luggae you don't want mass transit either...

Hello,

If you are cruising from Manhattan (or even Brooklyn) just park your car at the pier during your cruise. For your one night post, you will most likely have to move the car. But as BlueHerons posted, there is plenty of parking in various areas of Manhattan. What hotel are you staying at??? That could make a difference-some don't have parking even close to the hotel. Parking in NYC is NOT cheap. And trying to schlepp luggage as well as the cost of transport from New Jersey kind of defeats the purpose of having a car, don't you think???

It is cheaper to park at the Manhattan pier than pay for parking at one of the parking garages. There are no hotels in NYC that offer free parking I am aware of.

It is also less of a hassle than having to get transportation back to a hotel in NJ that provides free parking. I just chalk up the parking expense as an add on to the cruise - it is so much easier to walk to your car when the cruise is over.

here are no hotels in NYC that offer free parking

We stayed at the Travel Inn on 42nd I believe. It is VERY 2* but did have free parking that was big enough for a full size pick up truck with a bike rack on the back. The parking and seasonal swimming pool were why we chose it. (kids loved pool) Room was very standard but clean.

Park at the pier for your cruise. Easy to get to, easy to leave from and very reasonably priced for NYC.

Note: Don't plan on leaving car at peir and going back on another day for it. They are open only on days when cruise ships are coming and going.

Archived