Majesty of the Seas questions

tinka14

Hi everyone, Majesty of the Seas seems to be a very popular ship. It's going to be our 1st cruise 19th November - with Thanksgiving Day in Key West.

If the weather is too bad to tender to CocoCay, does this then become a day at sea or is another port substituted?

How formal is the formal night? My husband is taking a suit(which he doesn't really want to take) but on reading the the forums, it doesn't seem that formal!

Any useful tips on what's the best stuff to buy in the ports of call or on the ship?

I notice on some forums that some people have Majesty of the Seas scrapbooks, how much are they to buy?

Any info gratefully received!

Thanks Tinka14

Generally, if Cococay is missed, it becomes a sea day for Majesty (on Sovereign they try to hit it the day that was supposed to be a sea day;) ). Formal night is the full spectrum - ultra casual to prom gown formal - wear what makes you comfortable and you'll be fine. In September, DH and DS just wore nice polo's and kahkis and fit right in, so no biggie:p Don't miss JR's and the Compass Deli on the level above the windjammer (some people don't even realize they are there:eek: ). Shops on board were about normal, nothing super great or super bad:) Merchants on Cococay only take cash, but again, the stuff is not a must have quality wise, so no biggie if you don't shop there. Nassau is covered with shops on the main drag, ranging from cheap souveiner shops to high end clothes/perfume/jewelry. Two shops I never miss are the Del Sol shop (there are two of them in Nassau) and the Pirahna Joe's shop - they have got the spunkiest tees there:) Key West make sure you at least stop by Sloppy Joes, it's just hard to describe it, but the conch fritters are quite good. Just kick back and enjoy, on Majesty it's not hard to do!

Hi everyone, Majesty of the Seas seems to be a very popular ship. It's going to be our 1st cruise 19th November - with Thanksgiving Day in Key West.

If the weather is too bad to tender to CocoCay, does this then become a day at sea or is another port substituted?

How formal is the formal night? My husband is taking a suit(which he doesn't really want to take) but on reading the the forums, it doesn't seem that formal!

Any useful tips on what's the best stuff to buy in the ports of call or on the ship?

I notice on some forums that some people have Majesty of the Seas scrapbooks, how much are they to buy?

Any info gratefully received!

Thanks Tinka14

This is what's posted on RCI's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do;jsessionid=0000HPZhX-rItqMSt5oky9AUhXz:10ktdmqkf

Do not buy a tee shirt on the first or second day there will be a "sale" on the 3 and fourth day. You can get brand name perfumes on board and cheap liquor in Nassau ( but will not be allowed to drink it onboard).

Enjoy your first cruise!

We were pleasantly surprised with the little ship. It's interesting, I perceive that formal night varies from sailing to sailing. We had heard that smaller ships/shorter routes tend to be more casual. On our 4-night, formal night was quite dressy including a LOT of tuxedos. Many of the rest had on suits. I hope you have a great trip. We made CoCo Cay, and I hope that you do. Although we love Sea Days, this was one of our favorite island stops ever.

Majesty is one of my favorites. There's a great fun atmosphere onboard.

Sailaway from Miami Beach is nice, have a look at South Beach as you pull out.

Key West, take the Conch Train tour of town, a narrated tour that gives the history of this quirky place. Try to go to Sloppy Joe's, Margaritaville and the Hog's Breath saloon (3 essential tourist pilgrimages) and eat some Key Lime Pie while you're there.

If you get time, go to the 0 mile marker to have your photo taken at the Southernmost point of the US.

Don't miss the Quest game onboard. The last time I was on the Karaoke was very good, I also loved going to Bolero's bar at some time every evening to watch everyone do Salsa dancing. Those South Floridians can really dance!

In Nassau,have you thought of doing one of the Dolphin Excursions- it is a thrilling day. For a noisy good time stop at Senor Frog's, right at the end of the pier, if you like doing the Conga...... people head for the straw market- hmmm- doesn't do much for me, lots of knock offs of handbags etc

You can take a horse and carriage ride around downtown,the old Government buildings are very attractive.

Coco Cay is your typical Bahamian island, white sand, turquoise sea, all the sea toys you could want- Pedalos,floats,kayaks,jetskis, parasailing,snorkeling, sea trampoline, hammocks set up under the palm trees, waiters bringing foofoo drinks around and BBQ lunch cooked for you. It just takes a couple of minutes to get there from the ship on a tender. It's a great day.

I just took a white shirt and tie for the one formal night. We were at a table for 10 alone every night so nobody cared. I definitely wanted to travel light for this cruise, so I left the suits home. No problem!

This is a great ship. Clean. Fun. Lots to do. Fabulous crew!

Formal night can be as formal as you make it or a simple tie will do. Our friend who cruised with us considered his gold chain enough to dress up his neatly pressed shirt. He looked fine. No one batted an eye. I don't recommend it, but it will work. There are pictures of us on formal night on this ship in the link in my signature. You can see how he is dressed.

The ship is quite relaxed. No one is too picky. On my first Majesty cruise, the wait staff told us to feel free to wear shorts to dinner for the last night. :eek:

Archived