BA Terminal changes???

dusababy

I've flown BA LAX/LHR/NCE -- returning BCN/LHR/LAX -- twice in last year. Need to do it again May 2008.

In checking schedules their home page shows LAX/LHR but transfer out of Gatwick to connect to NCE.

Does this have anything to do with opening of their new terminal at LHR which, according to ads in Terminal 1, will be March 2008.

Very inconvenient - and I don't want to do a connection like that so will probably use another carrier.

Will appreciate any current information as to why this appears to be the case. Thanks -

Dusababy in California

Thanks gbdg

Since I was looking for World Traveler Plus booking, I wasn't given an alternative itinerary. Maybe the class was determinate.

Too late - I've booked with Lufthansa through Munich -- a wonderful airport!

Maybe next time -- and thanks again.

Since I was looking for World Traveler Plus booking, I wasn't given an alternative itinerary. Maybe the class was determinate.

Shouldn't make any difference whatsoever. LGW-NCE and LHR-NCE both feature Euro Traveller and Club Europe cabins.

Your WT+ flights should book into Euro Traveller but will earn you 20 tier points if you credit to BA Executive Club.

It could just be a glitch with whatever system you are searching with. The times I've flown US-LON-Europe on BA I've always been offered the flights from both LHR & LGW for the European legs if applicable.

• 3 weeks later...
I've flown BA LAX/LHR/NCE -- returning BCN/LHR/LAX -- twice in last year. Need to do it again May 2008.

In checking schedules their home page shows LAX/LHR but transfer out of Gatwick to connect to NCE.

I think this is probably now redundant information for you, but Gatwick to Nice is being dropped as from the end of March 2008, so you would have almost certainly been transferred to a Heathrow to Nice flight anyway.

Archived