Miami and Fort Lauderdale Dodge the Bullet........

sail7seas

While they have some trees and limbs down and lots of homes have lost power, they could have had it much worse. They Got Lucky.....very thankfully. Further up the coast is still at high risk but I am happy for those in Dade and Broward.

KK.....its just going to flood....there is no place for it to go:eek: ...one of the broadcasts had a newsman near 17th Street and the beach...OH WOW...he said the sand was being blown OFF THE BEACH.......ONTO LAND...I cannot imagine what that area is looking like at this point:confused:

Thanks, I think the reporters they are showing are along the beach......we are expecting high winds today.

I must say....I AM VERY THANKFUL......it seems Frances is going to miss this city.

She is taking her sweet time to cross the state.......going from Melbourne~eventually going toward the Gulf....and to the panhandle:eek: I feel horrible for those who are affected....but I think Jacksonville has been spared....Unreal......once she crosses and goes back into water, she could strengthen again:( before she hits the Tallahassee area......

I wonder if I need to speak to my TA about my upcoming sailing.......:confused: .......

It is Saturday...you are an experienced cruiser...what do you think?

I wonder if I need to speak to my TA about my upcoming sailing.......:confused: .......

It is Saturday...you are an experienced cruiser...what do you think?

I think you should keep a close eye on Ivan. If the predicted path is correct, it will be near south florida next saturday.

Is Ivan now classified as Hurricane?

OMG....I shiver to think if Florida has to face another so soon. Pray to God his just doesn't happen.

not only a hurricane, but another major one...the fourth of this season. In fact, it is on record now as the fastest developing hurricane in the atlantic basin history.

051508W5.gif

That storm is another huge one!!!

The forecasters, early in the spring, said it would be an above average active Hurricane Season.........talk about an understatement.

We NEVER write insurance, but the way things are going, we just might buy some coverage for our Zuiderdam October cruise. Could be one of the few times it's worth it.

Archived