Ships That Pass (yet again)

Star-Man

Dont think anyone had pointed this one out before. The Star has been waiting off Noumea for the Dawn to leave and while watching the Stars webcam, we got to see the Dawn go across the screen.

Watch the white bit on the screen...

1979477266_eee86c9eb7.jpg?v=0

1979499138_48a82ce50f.jpg?v=0

1978687141_1968e97882.jpg?v=0

1979521652_208624ab42.jpg?v=0

You beat us to it Sam!

We just got back from 3 days away and Martin was having his cruisecam fix and managed to capture the shot's you posted.

Seems the Captain of Pacific Star forgot he wasn't on a normal Week Fantastique, and arrived in Noumea about 12 hrs early!! He wasn't supposed be there until tomorrow.

Will the ship be cleared tonight, or will they wait till tomorrow as per the itinerary??:confused:

The ship's turning to come alongside the passenger terminal now. I'd say they'll be cleared tonight and passengers will be allowed off, I can't see why not. It's happened before that a ship has had an unscheduled overnight stop in Noumea and the passengers have been allowed off - Martin did it on one of his Fair Princess cruises when the stop at Amedee was cancelled because of poor weather conditions (in the days when Amedee Island was a dedicated port of call).

Dont think anyone had pointed this one out before. The Star has been waiting off Noumea for the Dawn to leave and while watching the Stars webcam, we got to see the Dawn go across the screen.

Watch the white bit on the screen...

Great shots Sam. I'm realy glad someone was able to record it.

Neil

Hi Guys,

We have seen both the Pacific Sun and the Pacific Star yesterday. The Sun stayed in sight of us for the whole day on Sunday and was still there in sight early yesterday morning as we approached Noumea. Then it turned off to the Isle of Pines.

Then it was announced that the Pacific Star was waiting for us to leave Noumea so they could sail in and and the whole ship seemed to be up on deck watching and taking photos.

The ships whistles blew three times when we got closer and you could see the flashes of many cameras from the Star.

It has been fabulous. We are loving every minute.

Then after dinner we went up on deck and saw the Pacific Sun in the distance as she cruised towards Ouvea.

I have never seen the ships in one place before. Just magic.

We have a day at sea today and then Dravuni Island, Fiji. We have taken heaps of photos for the review. :)

Seeya,

Jen

Great to hear you're having a fabulous time Jen :D Looking forward to your review and photos !! How fantastic to see all the ships in one place like that. I bet that doesn't happen very often. ? Have I said what a lucky duck you are .....lately !!

cheers

nessie

.....we will pass the PD next week when on the PS, but it will be somewhere between 2am and 4am:( we will be on our way the Lifou and they will be on their way to Isle of Pines..../quote]

We will be the same in December.

I think I will prefer to be fast asleep preparing for touring Lifou, than staying awake to see lights in the distance :rolleyes:

Ian

Hi Guys,

We have seen both the Pacific Sun and the Pacific Star yesterday. The Sun stayed in sight of us for the whole day on Sunday and was still there in sight early yesterday morning as we approached Noumea. Then it turned off to the Isle of Pines.

Then it was announced that the Pacific Star was waiting for us to leave Noumea so they could sail in and and the whole ship seemed to be up on deck watching and taking photos.

The ships whistles blew three times when we got closer and you could see the flashes of many cameras from the Star.

It has been fabulous. We are loving every minute.

Then after dinner we went up on deck and saw the Pacific Sun in the distance as she cruised towards Ouvea.

I have never seen the ships in one place before. Just magic.

We have a day at sea today and then Dravuni Island, Fiji. We have taken heaps of photos for the review. :)

Seeya,

Jen

Have to agree Jen, it has been great loved evry minute, was great to see the Star as we left noumea.

'

Rained a lot of the day in Dravuni but still had a good time. Our only problem was KA getting attacked by an automatic door at Sydney airport and taking a chunk of skin from her arm. Other than that great time being had by all. Looks like our meet and greet is on this sat 17th, better late than never.

All the best

Don

Archived