Is What they say about RCI true?

kidless

Gosh, I cannot even imagine :eek: We had an 11 page bill once during a 7 night cruise, that was bad enough :p

###

You should've seen the list of charges from my solo Examining the Bars cruise - it was a 10 nighter!!:eek: :D Thank goodness for the Cyber Cabin on that one or it would've been a lot worse!

Yep, kept it as a souvenir ;) Good thing they use recycled paper, lol!

###

LOL. I would keep that too. The worst bill for me was on a cruise but not on a ship. It was a bar bill at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel. It started to rain at ten in the morning and me and a buddy ran in to C&C to get out of the rain. We met some other folks from the ship. Needless to say six hours later I had a bar bill over $500.00. :eek: It was funny at the time but not when I sobered up........:)

You should've seen the list of charges from my solo Examining the Bars cruise - it was a 10 nighter!!:eek: :D Thank goodness for the Cyber Cabin on that one or it would've been a lot worse!

We, thank goodness, only use the internet to check in for our flights if necessary :)

LOL. I would keep that too. The worst bill for me was on a cruise but not on a ship. It was a bar bill at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel. It started to rain at ten in the morning and me and a buddy ran in to C&C to get out of the rain. We met some other folks from the ship. Needless to say six hours later I had a bar bill over $500.00. :eek: It was funny at the time but not when I sobered up........:)

Oh my!!!! Now that is some bar tab, Gordon. Good thing you all made it back to the ship OK - your "bar bill" would have been even larger :eek:

###

Diane, you and Dave will love both the Mariner and Sovereign. By the way, I just figured out tonight that this was you. I had forgot your screen name. I didn't steer you guys wrong back in 2000 and I'm telling you that you will love it. I too was ready for a change back in 04. My last few cruises with Carnival left a lot to be desired. After 16 cruises with them I was ready for a change and in March of 04 we saw the Navigator docked next to us in San Juan. I loved everything I saw about that ship. Came home and booked it for December of that year. I have not looked back.

There is always a lot of banter that goes on between this board and the Carnival board. Most of it is good fun. Sometimes it gets a little serious. They call us snobs and we call them Carnivores!!!!!!:D No harm meant by it.

The RCI ships go late into the night. Something for everyone to do. I have photos of the Sovereign in my link below. She is great ship for the quick cruises. The JS cabins are a nice size. Coco Cay is a great stop for a beach day. Any other questions, just let me know.:)

You are right there you didn't steer us wrong and we have had some great cruises. But have to say the last two Carnival really seemed to have gone down hill. And it is funny but when docked on the last one we looked over and saw a RCCI ship a couple was sitting on their balcony and we could see into their cabin and Dave and I were like wow maybe we need a change. So the fuel charge was like the straw on the camels back. So if you go on RCCI and I know you well enough to know that if you fit in on those ships then we will have a great time. And plus we are really impressed with their returning guest program so we will be trying to rack up those points.

We, thank goodness, only use the internet to check in for our flights if necessary :)

Oh my!!!! Now that is some bar tab, Gordon. Good thing you all made it back to the ship OK - your "bar bill" would have been even larger :eek:

###

Uh, the trip back to the ship was interesting from what I was told!!!!!!!!!!:D

You are right there you didn't steer us wrong and we have had some great cruises. But have to say the last two Carnival really seemed to have gone down hill. And it is funny but when docked on the last one we looked over and saw a RCCI ship a couple was sitting on their balcony and we could see into their cabin and Dave and I were like wow maybe we need a change. So the fuel charge was like the straw on the camels back. So if you go on RCCI and I know you well enough to know that if you fit in on those ships then we will have a great time. And plus we are really impressed with their returning guest program so we will be trying to rack up those points.

You will find that the people on RCI love to have a great time too. Sometimes it's great to step out and try something else just to see what's out there. I did this in July with Norwegian. I enjoyed the cruise but still like RCI better. I am trying Holland American in March. Now that one will be a test. :D

Snobs on RCI? That certainly has not been our experience. As previous posters said, you are going to encounter some snobs and some obnoxious people no matter which line you choose. But we have always found something to do on Royal. We love Carnival and RCI, and neither rolls up the carpet at 11 p.m. We experienced the ship shutting down early on expensive lines, but we have not experienced this on inexpensive lines like Royal and Carnival. We love both lines because both give us great cruises for very little money. And Royal's Freedom and Voyager class ships can't be beat. Happy cruising.:)

Yeah, I can't wait to see her internet (and bar:p ) bill from that cruise!:D

1. That's why we are sailing in a GS. If you recall, RC has promised in their "new suite perks" FREE INTERNET! :p :D

Okay Carol, just rub it in that you're going to be on a 46 NIGHT cruise and the rest of us are going to be here holding down the fort!!!!!!!:D
So don't worry, I'm going to be "taking you all along" on the cruise!

and

2. I have figured out the bar bill part. sssshhhhh....come real close......I have to whisper................It's a B2B2B. First of all, I can get free drinks in the CL. Second of all, on the first leg, I'll find someone who is getting off after just that leg, and have them buy me some bottles in the onboard liquor store. They will have it delivered to their cabin on the last night. I'll pay them and they'll hand it over to me!!!! Wash, rinse, repeat for end of second leg.

See? ;)

1. That's why we are sailing in a GS. If you recall, RC has promised in their "new suite perks" FREE INTERNET! :p :D

So don't worry, I'm going to be "taking you all along" on the cruise!

and

2. I have figured out the bar bill part. sssshhhhh....come real close......I have to whisper................It's a B2B2B. First of all, I can get free drinks in the CL. Second of all, on the first leg, I'll find someone who is getting off after just that leg, and have them buy me some bottles in the onboard liquor store. They will have it delivered to their cabin on the last night. I'll pay them and they'll hand it over to me!!!! Wash, rinse, repeat for end of second leg.

See? ;)

Are you bringing your students too?????? :)

Archived