If anyine else was waiting for Southwest to open the schedule

flamomo

It seems to me that their new fares are higher than they used to be. I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise with rising fuel costs, but I was surprised at how much higher they were. Also, their new boarding system is a pain in the neck. I checked in online this afternoon exactly 24 hours (to the minute) before my flight tomorrow and got #49 in the A group. I much prefer the old way when I could simply line up early and be among the first on the plane.

Cathy - The LA flight I booked cost me $20 less than the one I had 2 weeks ago. I was really surprised, fully expecting to pay significantly more.

I agree with you about the new boardng system. I used it for the first time when flying home from a cruise from LA last Sunday. I did check-in online at the hotel, got group A #57. At least I was able to get a window seat. But I was at the airport 2 1/2 hours ahead of time, as I usually am, and would have preferred to be rewarded for that by being able to be at the front of the "A line", instead of the 4th from the end.

Personally, I hope they go back to the old system. Might be worth a letter to SWA to let them know we're not favorably impressed. We can't be the only ones.

Personally, I hope they go back to the old system. Might be worth a letter to SWA to let them know we're not favorably impressed. We can't be the only ones.

SW did a long study on this before switching all flights. I don't think your letter will sway them. They had problems with congestion at the gate with everyone lined up, and perhaps more importantly their full-fare business passengers didn't like the old cattle system. SW is becoming more like a legacy airline.

SW opened the booking on Sept. 8th but it was a mess...I had to call to get

my reservation because their web site wouldn't/couldn't do a round trip. And I was using FF tickets. I could hear others operators in the back ground telling

the people they were talking to there was a "glitch" in the system.

Glad things smoothed out finally.

We just booked SW to LAX for our April cruise. Thought the prices were higher than usual.

Now if we can only get SW to participate in the program that lets your bags be taken from your cabin the night before disembarkation and taken directly to the airport and you don't see them until you arrive at your final home destination. Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Jan

SW did a long study on this before switching all flights. I don't think your letter will sway them. They had problems with congestion at the gate with everyone lined up, and perhaps more importantly their full-fare business passengers didn't like the old cattle system. SW is becoming more like a legacy airline.

I hated the old system and after flying outbound and return flights just once I swore never again. The long lines of people sitting and laying on the floor was rediculous. The gate agents were literally walking over and around people trying to get from one area to the next. I booked flights on Southwest last week when they opened the flights thru May. I only booked because of the new system. I've heard that people actually sit in the seats at the gate now and there's no long lines since you can't get on until they call your letter and number. Most people have reported back with a more positive experience with the new system.

cherylandtk

Thanks - I did contact Bags,Inc. and they replied saying they were going to be adding SW to their list but did not have a definite date at this point. Will keep checking. Hopefully by our cruise in April,they will have the service out of LAX.

Jan

Archived