Boarding separately on the QM2

JennAngel9

Does anybody know if it is possible for two people in the same cabin/stateroom to check in separately?

I don't see why not. You go up one at a time to the window, or if you walk up as a couple, they still do one of you at a time.

I don't see why not. You go up one at a time to the window, or if you walk up as a couple, they still do one of you at a time.

Thats just what I was thinking. I'm sure you would be able to. How would 'they' know?

they may require 2 credit cards unless you are using a cash account???

Only if you want things to be separated on to the account of the person who signs for them. We just register one card and it does for both of us:)

I can't speak for Cunard, but on Royal Princess in 1999, Buenos Aires, my sister arrived hours ahead of me, as we were coming on different flights from different places. She was checked in just fine, and waiting at the gangplank when I arrived. E

YES. And thats not the rock band either .. Having seperate accounts is a normal part of the Ships Pursors accounting practices... Checking in with all names listed is usually not a problem as they are listed and have all...or most of the DATA needed anyways.. Hope youall have a wonderful cruise! ;)

Does anybody know if it is possible for two people in the same cabin/stateroom to check in separately?

What about the ticket booklet?

Having spoken to Cunard last year they advised us that tickets aren't even necessary! As long as you've got your passport (and any associated visas) you should be OK - you don't even need your booking number. Note I say "should" as we didn't actually try checking in without tickets:) (We might be for the WC though - unless they get the tickets here quickly:( )

Well, you asked a simple & straightforward question and you got lots of speculation....and no one had actually done it!

Here's what happened to me, last year out of New York, sharing a cabin on QM2 with a man friend ... we stood on the Grill line together, he went to one counter and registered in, I went to another. I didn't think there was anything wrong in checking in separately. Wrong! :eek:

One counterperson was faster than the other, and it seems the computer I was at checked me in and flagged him as then checked in already, and whilst he was at his computer station they then couldn't find him! Then both agents got flustered and couldn't figure out why this was happening, etc. It got straightened out.

But had I gone on line with him and checked in at the same time as separate sharers, the agent could have handled it w/o trouble. This was how we did the return crossing.

My point: of course two people in the same cabin may check in separately, I've done it; but I would take special care to explain to the agent that just you are checking in now and your husband would be along in an hour or two; have them mark him "present" only when he comes and registers! All your information is in the computers, you've a passport: there should be no trouble when you tell them you are one, not two.

Archived