European cruise with 2 Children

jbiz

We are thinking of taking a transatlantic cruise with 2 kids. a 3 year old and a 9month old. Its the NCL- Jewel Miami-London (Dover actually)

The ports are Miami; Ponta Delgada, Portugal; Lisbon, Portugal; Vigo, Spain; La Coruna, Spain; Waterford, Ireland; Guernsey Channel Islands, England; London (Dover), England

We would like to see the some of the sites but I dont want to impose the kids on others by taking the excursions. I will need to bring a stroller so I think subways/trains may be out. Any suggestions as to where we could head to see some of the sites? What is it like where we dock/tender? Can we walk around there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know some places like Spain and Portugal there are private tours we can do. Any thought?

Of the places you mentioned- I have only been to Lisbon. Most ships have a courtesy shuttle into the center of Lisbon. From there you can take the public bus up to the top to a Fortress- the Castelo de Sao Jorge, where the kids can run around and climb on the walls and you will have the best view overlooking Lisbon.

Vigo is a nice city to wander around in if you don't plan on taking the trip to Santiago de Compostela. It is an easy walk - even with a stroller - to the old fort / park overlooking the city. The main shopping street is also an easy walk from the ship. Some tourist shops and restaurants are even closer to the pier.

Archived