I called that one right! (SW outfit)

Jane110

So you all remember the fashion broo-ha-ha about the woman who's outfit was too sexy for the flight on South West airlines, don't you?

Right here, our fashion debates waged on with pro's and con's as she played spin doctor and got segments on various entertainment "news" shows sniffing that she dresses just like everyone else.

If you remember, I said that next step would be Playboy calling her to do a photo spread. Many poo-poo'd my suggestion, claiming me to be a cynic. I'm no cynic, I just easily recognize when someone's itching for their 15 minutes.

Guess what? Playboy called, she said yes and today I read that they struck a deal and she'll be getting to show more in the magazine than she did on her SW flight.

Remember, I predicted it! I love when my crystal ball works so well!!! LOL!!! :D :D

My next prediction: She'll quit her job at Hooters. (ok, that one was too easy!)

I posted this on the Carnival site but it "disappeared" - Yup wonder now if those people think she still isn't out to "show her goods" :eek::eek:

LOL!

So many young women think that is the only way to be sexy is to go almost nude. Then they wonder why they get the wrong kind of attention from men (you know who only sees them as an easy "lay".) Sad isn't it?

How funny!

I hope she saves her money because when her looks eventually go, she's going to be in big trouble.

I had an acquaintance who earned her living doing Hawaiian Tropic bikini contests and other contests from the time she was about 17 until she won the national competition at 22. Then she moved to LA and started dating the hot actors at the time like Rob Lowe and Charlie Sheen (this was at the height of their 80s careers). Then, still playing on her looks she was the long time mistress of a very high powered Hollywood player.

She never saved a penny. Two months after her 40th birthday he booted her out of his house (he still is married to the same woman) and she is pennyless and has no job skills and can't get a job.

She in turn sold the whole sordid story exclusively to the National Enquierer for $200,000 who made her sign an exclusive agreement that she could not sell the story to anyone else. In the contract, they said they would not pay her until the story ran. Their agreement was good for two years but she gave permanent rights to her story to the NE.

The National Enquierer waited until the two years was up and then ran the story and didn't have to pay her (she's an idiot) and of course she was run out of Hollywood pretty quickly.

It never ceases to amaze me that skank gets so much attention. I don't care what peoples right are or aren't and what you are able to "get away with", pride in oneself has so much more integrity than the almighty $.

But, I suppose some people would rather sell off part of their soul for material goods and attention. That's what this young woman seems to be doing. It's too bad, it urges other young women to do the same.

Men who support this are either pretty skanky themselves or don't mind seeing it as long as it is not a loved one of their own. If my feelings are old fashioned and out of touch, so be it.

I'm satisfied that I don't have to defend my choices in life even though it may be boring to others.

She's crazy to quit Hooters!

Can you IMAGINE the tips she'll get now????

They said she didn't get 'six figures' so she'll need the money eventually.

It's still a burgers and beer joint. Maybe she'll move on to a "gentlemen's club" where they're drinking hard alcohol and the tips are bigger.

Besides, she'll do better in dimmed lighting. Her body is nice but her face....well, as my Grandmother would say, "she's no beauty".

But ladies and maybe some men, that is her choice to dress as she wants to. It may be skanky in your mind, it may be trashy in others but it is her right. Now if this was truly her goal well I guess she made it but I highly doubt that she dressed to see if she could get in Play Boy:rolleyes: . I truly think that she was dressing as a lot of gals her own age do(not all dress like she does but not all have the body she has either). I say good for her if she made good on her body, it is tasteful and a nude body is certainly nothing to be ashamed of especially if it is a toned well kept body. Now could there be a little jealousy floating around near or in New York? :p

Last, I think it is so judemental and wrong for anyone to say or even suggest that a woman is an "easy lay" just because of the way she dresses.

When JLO dressed in her little green dress that was slit all the way to her navel and her breast were bulging out would you say she was dressing so that she could get an easy lay? :rolleyes:

But ladies and maybe some men, that is her choice to dress as she wants to. It may be skanky in your mind, it may be trashy in others but it is her right. Now if this was truly her goal well I guess she made it but I highly doubt that she dressed to see if she could get in Play Boy:rolleyes: . I truly think that she was dressing as a lot of gals her own age do(not all dress like she does but not all have the body she has either). I say good for her if she made good on her body, it is tasteful and a nude body is certainly nothing to be ashamed of especially if it is a toned well kept body. Now could there be a little jealousy floating around near or in New York? :p

Last, I think it is so judemental and wrong for anyone to say or even suggest that a woman is an "easy lay" just because of the way she dresses.

When JLO dressed in her little green dress that was slit all the way to her navel and her breast were bulging out would you say she was dressing so that she could get an easy lay? :rolleyes:

I guess I must have been reading too fast because I didn't see anyone say anything about an "easy lay". Sorry if I missed it.

I highly doubt "there could be a little jealousy floating around or in New York". Plus it's very tiresome when jealousy is mentioned as a possible reason for someone's opinion. Jealousy of what?

No, there is nothing wrong with a nude body or any need to be embarrassed about it even if it's not a toned body. Don't happen to be a regular "reader":rolleyes: of Playboy but any pictures I happened to have seen were far from tasteful. Go to an art museum and you'll find some tasteful pictures, paintings or sculptures of nudes. Tasteful and Playboy are an oxymoron IMO.

??? I think you ran off the road a bit with the "easy lay" thing. And no one here has questioned anyone's "right" to dress as they choose. Of course it is her right. :rolleyes: But those who make that choice must live with the consequenses of that choice, and they usually are not good. She may make some money off of her endeavors, but as has been said here many times before, you can't buy class.:cool: Jealous?? Not on your life.

Jealous? Well no, I actually look at women dressed like that and think they are pretty pathetic if that is what they have to do to get attention. I also think the same of men who are dressed skanky, in tank tops or too tight jeans. I don't need or crave attention from anyone, I'm happy to be me.

What am I more jealous of? A woman who dresses in great taste no matter what her budget and looks classy. I always wish I could pull myself together as well as they do.

But, I disagree with your statement that she didn't do it to get anywhere with it. If that were the case, none of us would ever have heard of her. She is capitalizing on her situation, many people would have just skulked back into "normal" life. That she was represented on a more respected level of television was just her good luck, often people with such poor taste only make it onto Jerry Springer.

I do have to say that my daughter and I will sometimes watch Jerry Springer, it is hilarious. But, we're laughing at them, not with them.

And....what is the point of taking your clothes off on nat'l television to get cheap beads?????

Thankfully, we have no one in our lives that are remotely close to those characters.

You're sooo off base, it would take too long to go over each and every point.

But saying a person must be jealous if they dare, in your estimation, to criticize another, is the most childish and most baseless reasoning imaginable.. This New Yorker has nothing to be jealous when it comes to the girl we're talking about. If you want to attack me for being jealous of someone....well then, yeah, I'll admit it, I wish I looked like Ann Hathaway, Catherine Zeta Jones or Charlize Theron - but I don't say a bad word about any of them just because I wish I had their stunning looks.

The Hooters girl we're talking about, is not pretty, though she has a nice figure, and doesn't exude any class or grace. And she doesn't know how to dress well. What could I possibly be jealous of? Yes, it's certainly her right to dress as she wants, as long as she's covering the bits that must be legally covered. However, we all gave our opinions on that when the situation arose. We're all beyond that now.

What prompted this particular thread that I started was that with all her telvision "boo hoo's" it was obvious to me that she was jonesing for this to give her media attention, similar to the hooker than was caught in the car with Hugh Grant some years ago. And in one of my final comments on that thread, I said, "Gee, I hear her phone ringing. It must be Hugh Hefner". Some people here were doubtful but it was crystal clear to me and it was just funny to me that yesterday, the contract w/ Playboy was signed.

Pulleeeze, I ain't no prude and I could care less how much of their bodies people want to show. This is more of a social commentary on the dynamics of a situation and what some people do to gain attention. Nothing wrong with working at Hooters, but you can't deny that those who choose to do so, do it because they want attention and all eyes on them. She was able to parlay her situation into cash because men will feul the PlayBoy empire when they buy their copies of Playboy. My comments were based on predictions coming true.

Where you turn it into jealousy on my part shows a total misunderstanding of my post and looks like a simple desire to stir up the pot.

oh and by the way RCCLismyfav

I think it was perfect for her to sign up with Playboy. It was her best option to turn this into after her TV appearances.

This girl has little education, is not very literate, and has few employable skills other than waitressing and she loves attention being focused on her body through the wearing of barely-there clothes. That she turned herself into a media frenzy that landed her in Playboy is the smartest thing she could have done. She's going to make bucks off the men who want to see more of her.

I hope she's smart enough to take the money and use it in a way that helps secure her financial future. She's not getting a lot of money, and her 15 minutes will be up shortly. She doesn't have the looks or brains to command the big bucks or staying power, like for instance, an Anna Nicole or Pamela Lee.

My opinion is that this girl went on the Today show with her mother and her lawyer and was so upset that she was this poor victim and the airline was so at fault!!! She was so embarrased and personally horrified by how she was treated and made to feel in front of other passengers OH GIVE ME A BREAK!!! So ya now go nude for the world to see - hmmm I guess that is less humiliating:rolleyes: :rolleyes: My thought is she didn't get anywhere with her lawsuit against the airline so she went this route for easy $$

I have to say, I haven't been on cc in awhile.....and I miss it! I just love you people:D Most of us were right on with this girl! It's sad when you get bashed for calling them as you see them. That really isn't judging, that's just stating a fact.

Happy cruising

Pam

The first time this thread rolled around I was one of the few willing to give this girl the benefit of the doubt, but I have to admit, if she is willing to pose nude in Playboy it does make her sob story on the news more than a little weak. (e.g. "Ohhh they treated me so unfairly, boo hoo, I don't really WANT the attention, I was just trying to fly... etc.) If she didn't want the attention, she would not be posing in Playboy. At the very least, you can assume she doesn't MIND attention.

I do think it's wrong to insinuate that she is easy or stupid, or has no workforce skills or worth (is that a fact? Or do you assume so since was waitressing? :confused: ). I thought the girl was a college student, but now I can't remember.

(FWIW, I have friends who graduated college with me who are supplementing their meager starting salaries by waitressing and/or bartending. ;) If you have to pay rent in a big city on top of student loans, it's not as easy as one would think, even with a college degree in a good profession.)

Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with waitressing at Hooters. Maybe the tip money is good. What annoys me is that the girl said one thing (that she was just trying to fly and didn't want attention) then does a 180 and decides to pose in Playboy. :rolleyes:

I agree that there's nothing wrong with waitressing and nothing wrong with waitressing at Hooters. I also don't care what people wear. But you're right, no one dresses the way she did and can honestly say that they don't want attention! That's laughable.

I was never in the crowd that said she's "easy". I don't know that and I wouldn't "go there". I did say she was dumb, and that I learned by listening to her and reading her comments. It was easy to see that she simply isn't very bright. Playboy posing is probably a good option for her, I never said it wasn't, nor did I ever say there was anything wrong with it. Like you, I just didn't appreciate the lies and all the boo-hooing on TV, that she doesn't want attention. I'm sure that after she had her TV appearances, her Mother or someone who decided to become her agent, contacted Playboy and made a deal with them.

Archived