Calling all Puget Sound "HAL PALS"

Old As Dirt Mom

A few of us here in the Seattle area thought it would be a nice idea to plan a shoreside CC "Meet and Greet". So for those of you who are interested and available, you are cordially invited to a HALiday Party on Saturday, Dec 1 at 5 pm. For particulars, please email me middleagedmom59 at gmail dot com and I will contact you.

Thanks!:)

Karin

My husband is going to make his famous hot German "Gluwein" (glow wine). After a few mugs of that, and you know why they call it "glow wine".:D The fewer people show up, the more there'll be for me:) Come one, come all, and have a ball! Meet the faces of the posters that you love to hate!:D

Karin

My husband is going to make his famous hot German "Gluwein" (glow wine). After a few mugs of that, and you know why they call it "glow wine".:D The fewer people show up, the more there'll be for me:) Come one, come all, and have a ball! Meet the faces of the posters that you love to hate!:D

Karin

I could use a few of those mugs of glow wine right now. Have a great time. Makes me wish I lived in the area.

A few of us here in the Seattle area thought it would be a nice idea to plan a shoreside CC "Meet and Greet". So for those of you who are interested and available, you are cordially invited to a HALiday Party on Saturday, Dec 1 at 5 pm. For particulars, please email me middleagedmom59 at gmail dot com and I will contact you.

Thanks!:)

Karin

Karin, this is so nice of you to put this together! I would love to come and meet you and my fellow Puget Sound CCers, but unfortunately we have family obligations up in Bellingham that weekend :(

Please take lots of pictures and post them! Thanks for doing this.

Karin, this is so nice of you to put this together! I would love to come and meet you and my fellow Puget Sound CCers, but unfortunately we have family obligations up in Bellingham that weekend :(

Please take lots of pictures and post them! Thanks for doing this.

Carolyn, I'm sorry you won't be able to come. I know it's a busy time of year. That's a good idea of yours to take and post pictures:) Enjoy your holidays, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Karin

Darn it Karen!!! My husbands Christmas party is at the same time. UGH!! I so love a party and it would have been so nice to meet other CCers in the area. Sigh.....I'm so dissappointed. You all have a great time. Take some pictures and hopefully there will be a next time.

Wendy

Darn it Karen!!! My husbands Christmas party is at the same time. UGH!! I so love a party and it would have been so nice to meet other CCers in the area. Sigh.....I'm so dissappointed. You all have a great time. Take some pictures and hopefully there will be a next time.

Wendy

This was sort of a spur-of-the-moment arrangement, and I realize that people are socially very busy during this time of year, so I'm sorry about that. If this gathering goes well, we can plan for another one down the road.:)

Karin

We too must say no but thank you for your effort. Living in the San Juans does have it's downside..Enjoy a festive Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas to all!....Rob&Teddy:)

See you on the Amsterdam, Awed (but maybe, hopefully, somehow before then, too:) ). Good wishes to you too, for a joyous holiday season:)

Karin

Have you got room to park my "withces broom" its rather and big one, the last one was confiscated by a certain copper down LA way, so I could try and come through SFO :D now that I am once again out of Jail! :eek:

Hope you have a great do.

Cheers

There's a parking place for your witch's broom, Val. Do you have a spot on that broom for a case of NZ Sauvignon Blanc, and if so, could you bring some along:D ? How's the new daughter-in-law? Any plans afoot to make you a grandmother witch yet?:) Happy Christmas to you, you ol' pistol-toting mama, you. I long ago learned your bark is much worse than your bite.:D

Karin

There's a parking place for your witch's broom, Val. Do you have a spot on that broom for a case of NZ Sauvignon Blanc, and if so, could you bring some along ? How's the new daughter-in-law? Any plans afoot to make you a grandmother witch yet? Happy Christmas to you, you ol' pistol-toting mama, you. I long ago learned your bark is much worse than your bite.:D

Karin

Thanks Karin, sure glad I have at least one friend on the planet. :D Some folk just don't have good sense of humours ugh!

Too early for Merry Xmas's yet, in fact no boy no Xmas is a bit how I am feeling right now, not too sure about the grandmother witch yet either. I hope you don't have to give a tip when American DIL produces a baby witch ;) Actually she is an amazing person, and such good humour we are very lucky to have her in our family and whats more she actually likes me :D :D

Will see about the case of SB, but am I likely to get done over for state taxes :D Hope you have a great affair on the 1st. if my broom dosen't get through.

Cheers

Thanks Karin, sure glad I have at least one friend on the planet. :D Some folk just don't have good sense of humours ugh!

Too early for Merry Xmas's yet, in fact no boy no Xmas is a bit how I am feeling right now, not too sure about the grandmother witch yet either. I hope you don't have to give a tip when American DIL produces a baby witch ;) Actually she is an amazing person, and such good humour we are very lucky to have her in our family and whats more she actually likes me :D :D

Will see about the case of SB, but am I likely to get done over for state taxes :D Hope you have a great affair on the 1st. if my broom dosen't get through.

Cheers

Hi Val, I always enjoy your posts and I get a huge kick out of them (and I mean that in a good way)! :D

Hi Karen

Oh goodie now I have two friends on the planet. You know my friend that this is still a bit of a cyber world, but others don't seem to get it! Actually I have many, many very good friends in the US, some made at sea and some when we have been up there and of course now we have some more American family. My husband's Aunt who is still going strong at 97 settled in the NE as a war bride many years ago. So we have the lot from NJ and now the lot from PA :D

How I wish that I really did have a "Witches Broom" or even a "Magic Carpet" that would transport me everytime I felt the urge to be closer to my only child and his wife :( or the crazy woman in Seattle :D etc. but life does through some nasties at you from time to time, however I have to admit to having one very happy son, and in the end that is what really matters eh!

Cheers

Val

Hi Karin, Sungoddess and other Northwesterners,

Our planned HALiday get together should be lots of fun. Thanks to Karin for hosting it. Maybe this initial get together will inspire additional meet and greet events for all the HAL PALS in the area. Who knows, maybe the good folks at Holland America will even invite us to one of their on-board luncheons at the beginning of the summer cruise season. Or, our meeting could inspire other CCer's in other parts of the country to also meet locally. It will be fun to see where this leads!

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Mary

Ferry Watcher

Hi Karen

Oh goodie now I have two friends on the planet. You know my friend that this is still a bit of a cyber world, but others don't seem to get it! Actually I have many, many very good friends in the US, some made at sea and some when we have been up there and of course now we have some more American family. My husband's Aunt who is still going strong at 97 settled in the NE as a war bride many years ago. So we have the lot from NJ and now the lot from PA :D

How I wish that I really did have a "Witches Broom" or even a "Magic Carpet" that would transport me everytime I felt the urge to be closer to my only child and his wife :( or the crazy woman in Seattle :D etc. but life does through some nasties at you from time to time, however I have to admit to having one very happy son, and in the end that is what really matters eh!

Cheers

Val

Oops just seen another error of my ways :) Should have read Hi Carolyn, oh well old age is a wonderful thing, too much going through the grey matter right now :D

So far, we have a nice group of CC'ers who will be getting together for our HALiday party on Saturday, Dec 1st. If you're in the Puget Sound region, and are interested or able to get together for a meeting with some HAL PALS:) , we'll be meeting at 5 pm. For more details and info, please email me: middleagedmom59 at gmail dot com

I just found my recipe for Dutch spekulaas (spice cookies):) I'm feeling inspired! I thought it would be fun to include some traditional Dutch treats on our HALiday menu.:)

Thanks!

Karin

Oh goodie now I have two friends on the planet. You know my friend that this is still a bit of a cyber world, but others don't seem to get it!

Now Val you know you have a friend down in Sin City Las Vegas:D

Karin, I was telling Tom about your Haliday Party and he wanted to know if he could come :) Then he thought for a second and said there is no HAL ships in Seattle right now and said well may another time:D

Karin, I do hope your Get Together is so much fun and I do wish we lived a bit closer so we could attend.

..........:D

Karin, I was telling Tom about your Haliday Party and he wanted to know if he could come :) Then he thought for a second and said there is no HAL ships in Seattle right now and said well may another time:D

Karin, I do hope your Get Together is so much fun and I do wish we lived a bit closer so we could attend.

Lisa, any time you and Tom are in town we will have a HAL PAL party. That's a standing invitation. :) The Oosterdam is doing Alaska again this summer from Seattle via Hubbard Glacier. There's time to fit her in before your Eurodam cruise, hint hint.:)

Karin

Archived