SD1 Nov. 3-10 to Med. REVIEW

Cammiem

In lieu of writing a review here, I'll direct you all to my website, complete with captioned photos. We embarked with champagne at Civitavecchia, Italy and hit Livorno, Italy; Portofino, Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Cannes, France; St. Tropez, France; and were supposed to visit Marseilles, France, but due to a nasty storm, had to alter our course. Disembarkation was in Barcelona, Spain. Major letdown was felt in Barcelona after disembarkation and I was especially sad to leave SD1, the crew and our new friends behind.

We participated in both planned Yachting Land Adventures and Casual Shoreside Walks led by the fantastic Activities Director, Richard.

I cannot say enough about our experience onboard SeaDream 1! Everything was flawless & pefect. I had very high expectations and they were definitely exceeded. I felt like a princess the whole week (and will try to keep that feeling as long as I can :) ). I am now working DH for another voyage in the Caribbean. Don't think it'll be too hard, as he enjoyed it as much as I did.

www.cammie.smugmug.com

Wow. Great photos and captions. Thanks for sharing. Glad that you got to meet our friends John and Tricia. Sounds like you all had a great trip.

Hi ctbjr1309!

Yes, we spent many a dinner with John & Tricia. They are a wonderful couple and we had a great time with them. As it turns out, we both celebrated anniversaries that week.

Uh oh. I hope I didn't jump to the wrong conclusion. The John and Tricia I'm thinking of are from the Southern US.

Yes, that's the couple we met. They are wonderfully fun. One of our fondest memories of them is at dinner one evening. They ordered the best red wine I'd ever tasted.

We spent just about every Cocktail Hour with them, and dinner following. John has a charming southern accent that I never grew tired of (Tricia does, too). Next time you talk to him, ask him about singing Blue Moon at the Piano Bar. That should bring a good chuckle. :)

Cammiem--

Your pictures are fantastic! Great composition, color -- what kind of camera are you using? I'm just starting to get really interested in the complexities of photography (looking towards hobbies in retirement!) and I think you've done a wonderful job!! Looks like it was a wonderful cruise!!

Vandrefalk

Cammiem--

Your pictures are fantastic! Great composition, color -- what kind of camera are you using? I'm just starting to get really interested in the complexities of photography (looking towards hobbies in retirement!) and I think you've done a wonderful job!! Looks like it was a wonderful cruise!!

Vandrefalk

Hi V,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I use a Nikon D80 with a very versatile Nikkor 18-200 VR lens. I've always loved photography, but have really gotten into the complexities (as you so aptly put it) of it in the past couple of years. For me, it's a constant learning process and, personally, I feel I have a long way to go. Thank goodness for the world of digital, as I only keep about 10% of what I take.

The cruise was fantastic and I'm counting down the days until our next one in the Caribbean in spring '09! :D

Archived