I'm loving Pacific Dawns Web Cam!!!

LouLou28

What a difference a movable web cam makes! I've been checking out the Pacific Dawn's web cam over the last five minutes and it's moved around every shot or so ...

Nice pics Linda.

And with photostitch software, it makes a nice panorama

2000910451241818299_rs.jpg

Cheers

Geoff

Nice pics Linda.

And with photostitch software, it makes a nice panorama

2000910451241818299_rs.jpg

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Everyone from the Dawn,

We` were so happy to get onto Isle of Pines, pictures do not do it justice, the snorkelling was just fantastic. We have now set sail for Sydney :( The CCers onboard entered the scrap heap boat competition dressed up as pirates photos to follow. We have been having a great time all the CC members have been good fun.

Don

Thanks for the update Don ... Isle of Pines looks divine! I was so pleased the Pac Dawn camera caught so many different views of it!

I haven't been there before - but am looking forward to visiting it when we cruise next year!

How you have a safe and smooth trip home!

I didnt know the camera was a moving one?also I recently purchased a new camera and the software contains photostitch for my pics,can I use it for something like this?:confused:

Shazzie,

Yes, the panorama in this post was put together this morning using the Photostitch software that came with a Canon camera. In chatting with Neilius this afternoon, it is apparently limited in the amount of pics it will join at a time.

Is great for doing panoramas from your camera, but have a play with it at home to test its capabilities before your cruise.

Cheers

Geoff

Is the movable cam a new thing for the dawn? it makes watching the port visits a lot more interesting. I also grabed a couple of shots from the cam today, must say the destinations look fantasitc. can't wait until FEBUARY rocks around and we are off to the Pacific.

Is the movable cam a new thing for the dawn? it makes watching the port visits a lot more interesting. I also grabed a couple of shots from the cam today, must say the destinations look fantasitc. can't wait until FEBUARY rocks around and we are off to the Pacific.

No, the cam was often moved in port in her previous life as Regal Princess. Most Princess ships have that capability. I guess it is new for an Oz based ship though, as it is not something that the star or sun do.

Cheers

Geoff

Archived