All Things Glory...

kinggartk

I just went to the Carnival site, and searched the Glory itineraries, and it looks like it will go into drydock on Nov. 1st, it will return to Port Canaveral for a cruise on Nov. 14th, and after that cruise it will move to Miami. Port Canaveral will replace the Glory with the new Carnival Dream.

Excuse me - don't mean to sound rude but if our cruise on the Glory is 9/26/09 and she'll be in dry dock then we'd have a problem ......................right? Have heard nothing from our PVP about this so then what ship would we be on I wonder.

Sorry, my bad. I was just passing on what I read in several earlier posts in this thread. The schedule must have changed or it was bad info.

Enjoy your cruise.

hmmmm,

I am booked on Carnival glory 11-21-09 for Thanksgiving cruise. Does that mean it will change to the Dream?(I could only dream)... and since I'm on the Spa Deck would I stay on the spa deck....

Sorry..LOL...Dream isn't taking over Glory itinerary until early December (12/06/09, I believe). When did you book your trip? Just curious because there was a big itinerary change this summer. ;)

Sorry, my bad. I was just passing on what I read in several earlier posts in this thread. The schedule must have changed or it was bad info.

Enjoy your cruise.

Actually Glory was originally tentatively scheduled to go into drydock in Sept 09. This had come up last year when someone also asked about the big screen. So, you were just repeating what had been said until recently.

• 3 weeks later...

Glory has spent her whole life in Port Canaveral...I hate to see her go to Miami. Wouldn't it be great if they just added Dream to PC and kept Glory there too? Two great ships at such a convenient port. Oh well..que serra serra...or how ever you spell it.

No - she's heading to Miami - followed later by some sailings from the central east coast, then out of NYC for some Canadian sailings during the summer/fall of 2010.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_glory/default.aspx?shipCode=GL

Tom

the itineraries posted on website are not correct...

I was booked on Quebec/After the Glaciers (Triumph) for this June..it was cancelled..and I rebooked on GLory for same trip for June 2010..

they are doing 3 Quebec sailings in 2010...on GLory...

BTW --most of internet sites are still showing her doing 4-5 night Canada sailings..on same days of Quebec ones!!! I feel sorry for people who book nonexisting cruises..!

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I think they should move her to Charleston or Norfolk. There are already enough options sailing out of Florida. Some of the rest of us need to be able to drive to the ports and sail more often, too! :D

That would be awesome....She's my favorite ship. Of course I have only sailed twice.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry..LOL...Dream isn't taking over Glory itinerary until early December (12/06/09, I believe). When did you book your trip? Just curious because there was a big itinerary change this summer. ;)

so glad i read this, thought i was losin my mind:rolleyes:didn't see this listed when i booked 'another cruise' last year

via the one day sale this week (which beat both PG & military:confused:); was able to snag an aft extended balcony (luved the one we had on the Legend)

sailing out of Miami (need to work on where to stay night before, have to fly into Ft L...guess im off to that board lol), very cool itinerary imo:

Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk:D

im sooo ready

Question that Carnival peep couldn't answer yesterday though:

what time (s) r the shows?

we were offered either 6:00 or 8:15 pm dining, grabbed the latter; now concerned we may miss the entertainment...anybody know?

so glad i read this, thought i was losin my mind:rolleyes:didn't see this listed when i booked 'another cruise' last year

via the one day sale this week (which beat both PG & military:confused:); was able to snag an aft extended balcony (luved the one we had on the Legend)

sailing out of Miami (need to work on where to stay night before, have to fly into Ft L...guess im off to that board lol), very cool itinerary imo:

Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan & Grand Turk:D

im sooo ready

Question that Carnival peep couldn't answer yesterday though:

what time (s) r the shows?

we were offered either 6:00 or 8:15 pm dining, grabbed the latter; now concerned we may miss the entertainment...anybody know?

They do the big shows twice each night...one for early seating and one for late. The comedians are later so they don't interfere with dinner. The only thing we've ever had a conflict with was some of the Kids Club activities.

Hey, question for any recent passengers on the Glory..

We'll be sailing on the Glory in March. Do they still do the midnight buffet on the Glory and is there still a chocolate buffet?

Thanks.

We Sailed last May, and Yes they did have a Midnight buffet and a Choclate Buffet. Unfortunately I missed them both

Does anyone know which nights are elegant on the western route??

I checked back several pages and did not find an answer.

TIA!!!

Should be sunday and thursday nights! (and on our sailing thursday was the past guest party as well prior to dinner!)

We Sailed last May, and Yes they did have a Midnight buffet and a Choclate Buffet. Unfortunately I missed them both
Unfortunately no more midnight gala buffet - altho I believe there is still a mexican buffet one night on deck!

Archived